Who here thinks Super Buu is stronger than Kid Buu?

#1Tantalus24Posted 3/2/2010 1:14:27 PM
I believe that Super Buu (even without anybody absorbed) is stronger than Kid Buu.

Hell, I even think Majin Buu (Fat Buu with his evil counterpart still within him) is stronger than Kid Buu.

I don't really feel like explaining why right now so I will later.

Why am I starting this random debate you ask? ....I'm bored ._.

Tell me what you think people and why.
#2Savra104Posted 3/2/2010 1:29:57 PM
I think it's only logical that Super Buu and Majin Buu are stronger than Kid Buu. If you're REMOVING things which are giving him power, then he shouldn't be getting stronger, right? Super Buu wouldn't freak out about Vegeta taking Mr. Buu out of him for nothing; not only did he lose power, he lost his mind in the process.

Just because Kid Buu is weakest doesn't mean he's the least dangerous, however. He's crazed and intent on killing and harming others. Super Buu was interested in fighting people, Majin Buu wanted to "play with" people. While Super Buu was evil, he DID have heart.
#3Tantalus24(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2010 1:34:12 PM
Yeah I also agree that Kid Buu is the most dangerous, as well as the most ruthless.

However, I think in terms of power, he is actually one of the weakest. He is just portrayed as the strongest because the show was very misleading in several ways (I will also explain that more when I'm not feeling lazy.)

Since I don't feel like writing much right now, I think this is a pretty good video for those who are curious about this topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUX1EKNDBOI
#4Tantalus24(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2010 1:50:20 PM
I also want to apply common Mathematical logic involving inequalities to this puzzling debate.

Although this is too simplistic of an apprach to the situation, I think some common logic should be noted.

Super Buu = Evil Buu + Good Buu

Furthermore, some say:

Super Buu - Good Buu > Super Buu

Now let's look at some simple numbers.

10 = 7+3

But if I said:

10-3 > 10, then you would call me stupid.

???

0_o
#5QuestriderPosted 3/2/2010 1:55:07 PM
Kid Buu was stronger than Super Buu as explained by the Kais. Both in the manga and in the anime I have seen. (Although, I am told there are several different versions of the story)

By removing Fat Buu and Buff Buu (used to be Kais), Kid Buu actually gained BACK the power he lost.

It was one of the few times where absorbing someone in the show actually made the person weaker and in this case, that was Kid Buu.

Kid Buu was so freaking strong that absorbing just about anyone would have made him weaker than he already was. (Obviously, when Super Buu absorbed Gohan, he hit his max as Gohan wasn't exactly weak to begin with)

A lot of people point to the Vegeta/Goku argument when they both perceived Kid Buu as being weak. But then all of a sudden, his ki was getting stronger as he morphed first into Buff Buu and then exploded in power when he reverted back to Kid Buu. At that point, both Goku and Vegeta were sh***** in their pants and they realized how dumb they sounded 2 seconds prior.

See, Kid Buu and Super Buu are pretty much 2 different people. They each had their own personality, thus they were both fighting for control. Once Kid Buu was able to supress The Super Buu side, Kid Buu takes over.

Because IF Super Buu WAS stronger than Kid Buu, then how did Kid Buu WIN the internal struggle between himself and Super Buu? Granted, Vegeta helped by cutting down FAT BUU from inside, but it was obviously enough for Kid Buu to supress the BUFF BUU side of himself so that KID BUU could resume control over the body.

Last question: And IF Super Buu WAS stronger than Kid Buu, then why didn't he stay as BUFF BUU?
The answer: He couldn't. At that point, cutting down the FAT BUU was all the disruption that KID BUU needed. After that, Kid Buu easily won the struggle against his other "selves".

---
-Questrider
#6QuestriderPosted 3/2/2010 2:03:09 PM
Here's your last bit of proof:
Say Kid Buu and Super Buu had a fight. The question is who is stronger.
Well, that can also be interpreted as: who would survive, right?

So, here's how the battle would go down. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Kid Buu blows up whatever planet they are on, Super Buu included.
Kid Buu instant transmissions somewhere else, (as seen on the show) leaving Super Buu dead or floating in space.

The fight is over in 5 seconds.

---
-Questrider
#7Tantalus24(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2010 2:11:23 PM
I'm still kind of confused in regards to why Fat Buu didn't acquire instant transmission after seeing Goku use it to escape the area and get back to Kami's Lookout.

Anyways, I never really looked into this internal struggle aspect of the situation. But did you ever consider that the souless, ruthless personality that Kid Buu had was overwhelming to a point where Super Buu lost control? Or maybe it had nothing to do with that at all. It should be noted that it is obvious that Buu's form would change if Good Buu was taken out of him. However, I found the existence of Kid Buu sort of random and questionable in the first place. I'm not sure about anybody else, but I was expecting him to go back to Evil Buu, simply because that was his previous state before he absorbed Good Buu.

In the end, I still don't see how this argument justifies completely that Kid Buu would be stronger.

And the reason that Goku and Vegeta were soiling themselves during that scene is because Kid Buu took no hesitation at all to destroy the planet. I kind of look at it as a shocking, "wtf" moment.
#8AurochSpiritPosted 3/2/2010 2:13:53 PM
Oh how I missed your hilarious claims.

Kid Buu was so freaking strong that absorbing just about anyone would have made him weaker than he already was.

Which is why South Kai made him stronger right?

Buff Buu and then exploded in power when he reverted back to Kid Buu. At that point, both Goku and Vegeta were sh***** in their pants and they realized how dumb they sounded 2 seconds prior.

http://manga.bleachexile.com/dragon-ball-chapter-509-page-3.html

We must have different reasonings on what "sh***** their pants" means, and Goku was ******* himself at the thought of fighting regular Super Buu with Vegeta by his side.

So, here's how the battle would go down. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Kid Buu blows up whatever planet they are on, Super Buu included.
Kid Buu instant transmissions somewhere else, (as seen on the show) leaving Super Buu dead or floating in space.

The fight is over in 5 seconds.

Super Buu can just as easily survive an exploding planet and Super Buu can kill Kid Buu before he even thinks about getting energy to destroy the planet.
#9QuestriderPosted 3/2/2010 2:41:48 PM
Auroch-
In every version I'VE seen AND read, Kid Buu is depicted as being the stronger and South Kai made him weaker. Which is why the Kai was tripping ba***. Kid Buu was the Buu he was most afraid of.

The elder Kai didn't understand the younger Kai either until they went into that flashback.

Furthermore, I could care less about what version YOU'VE seen.

In the end though, either argument is pretty much screwed from the start.
Reason being: All of us have seen or read different versions.

So you see, Auroch, it's not exactly just an opinion that is being stated here. These are the facts as they were shown to me, and from what YOU say, other facts, different facts, were shown or viewed by you. It's only natural that we would support what we were in fact, introduced to.

So in the end, there's never going to be a clear winner. Nothing we can prove at any rate as there will always be a DIFFERENT version that someone else has seen which leads people like me to think otherwise.

And no matter what you say, I'm ALWAYS going to say otherwise. (in regards to Kid Buu)

---
-Questrider
#10DrunkenPilot72Posted 3/2/2010 2:44:42 PM
Goku was scared to fight Super Buuhan (Buu after absorbing Gohan)
Goku rushed Kid Buu

A fusion far stronger than Mystic Gohan was needed to compete with Super Buuhan
SSJ3 Goku was enough to go toe to toe with Kid Buu

Kid Buu is significantly weaker than Super Buuhan

Why is this even being debated?
---
It is a landmark on today's gaming culture. The first console that isn't present compatible.
dougthefresh on the PSPGO