Farm Names

#1chocobogirl17Posted 11/12/2009 6:48:28 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I always use a specific theme in each of my harvest moon games to name everything with. I recently read the book "Howl's Moving Castle" and fell in love with it (it's also my favorite movie) so I will be naming my farm after people and places from that. I was just wondering if anyone else had any names picked out or themes like mine :)
---
"dilly-dally shilly-shally"
~Aeris "FFVII Advent Children"
#2RoemuPosted 11/12/2009 7:07:48 PM
<3 Howl's Moving Castle Movie. I have not had the chance to read the book but I want it! You should get a goat and somehow name her after the Witch of the Waste.

I inevitably name my farm Haven. Hubby names his Pudding!! usually.
---
bouncy jiggle jiggle swing swing schloop
#3irishididPosted 11/12/2009 7:12:48 PM

Harvest Moon always makes me think Irish so I use names that are Irish. For instance, my farm in RFF is Bean Sidhe. I'll probably do the same for AP.

#4chocobogirl17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2009 7:13:20 PM
Definitely read the book, it made me enjoy the movie even more :). And i think I will make the Witch of the Waste a goat, that would be pretty great, and maybe have be Calcifer one of my house pets(you can name them, right?). I also have a tradition of always naming my first cow Pom Pom from Homestarrunner, regardless of theme :).
---
"dilly-dally shilly-shally"
~Aeris "FFVII Advent Children"
#5DetroitDJPosted 11/12/2009 7:15:30 PM
I always name my farm Noelle Ranch. That's about all.

I should think about a theme. Usually I name my animals according to individual themes -- last time it was angels for chickens, demons for ducks, Greek mythology for cows, Roman mythology for sheep...
---
Starred FAQs: 3 / Starred Reviews: 6 / Starred Top 10 Lists: 24
45 - 42; 28 - 23
#6RoemuPosted 11/12/2009 7:17:22 PM
Roman mythology for sheep

heheheheh

PomPom! I stopped naming my cows variations of that when they stopped being corpulent.
---
bouncy jiggle jiggle swing swing schloop
#7gigi_ggPosted 11/12/2009 7:32:55 PM
Interesting. I haven't heard of that book and I'm looking it up now. (always looking for good reading recs)

I just finished The House At Riverton and I'm currently reading the author's latest, The Forgotten Garden, which I like better than the first. Even still, I don't think I'll use estate names from either - bad karma based on the events of these books.

I 'll be watching this thread for ideas. Thanks!
#8BlulightningPosted 11/12/2009 7:34:32 PM
Anyone know the character limit in AP?

I always get screwed and need 1 more letter......
---
U r Brane Splode'd!
#9gigi_ggPosted 11/12/2009 7:42:26 PM
"my farm in RFF is Bean Sidhe"

Isn't the Bean Sidhe (aka banshee) a harbinger of death? Interesting choice.
#10DetroitDJPosted 11/12/2009 7:49:23 PM

Anyone know the character limit in AP?

I always get screwed and need 1 more letter......

I hate how short the character limit usually is. Bah.
---
Starred FAQs: 3 / Starred Reviews: 7 / Starred Top 10 Lists: 24
45 - 42; 28 - 23