Fertilizer

#1StrawberryTartPosted 12/4/2009 10:31:01 AM
Will fertilizer permanently fertalize the place you place it?
---
Add this little heart thing to your signature if you are proud to be a Christian <3
#2BlulightningPosted 12/4/2009 10:37:04 AM
No, it only lasts for about a month.
---
U r Brane Splode'd!
#3Voda20Posted 12/4/2009 10:51:41 AM

Shining will last about a season (3+ weeks?), rest is much, much less.

#4Silver ScreemerPosted 12/4/2009 10:53:34 AM
Yeah, the game really doesn't pull any punches does it?

Oh well, at least you don't end up with more money than you can use before the first year is up...

---
Add this little heart thing to your signature if you are proud to be an Atheist <3
#5StrawberryTart(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2009 10:59:46 AM
Can you use the fertilizer before you plant the crop? And will the fertilizer stop working when you pick the crop?
---
Add this little heart thing to your signature if you are proud to be a Christian <3
#6Voda20Posted 12/4/2009 11:08:52 AM

Yes, you put it before or right arter you planted seeds. It will not stop working after you pick crops - see my previous post.

#7BlulightningPosted 12/4/2009 11:10:21 AM
You can fertilizer any time you want. Before or after.
And yes, the fertilizer stays in that spot even if there are no crops there.

And I think it takes a month for a spot of land to degrade by 1 soil quality, so if you put 4 fertilizers on the spot, making it maximum quality soil (dark brown), then it will only lose 1 soil quality after a month. (Although, I'm not completely sure about that...)

Also, fertlizers don't seem to make better crops they just make stuff grow faster.
But since it lasts for so long and you can harvest sooner, it's definitely worth fertilizing your land....
---
U r Brane Splode'd!
#8crystalsoulsPosted 12/4/2009 2:02:06 PM
Supposedly a spot degrades one level every two weeks or so if you have crops growing there continously, so you can use decent fertilizer to replenish (supposedly: I haven't finished testing it myself yet). Also a major factor on how well crops grow is weeds: make sure you don't let weeds grow near your crops, it is alright if they're all the way on the other side of the field, but anything adjacent is bad for crop quality and should be sickled as soon as they sprout.