How long does it take to get married?

#1hayleyyx3Posted 5/30/2010 6:23:11 PM

I'm on Spring 19ish and I'm trying to marry Chase. I rang the Red Blue and Yellow bells and I give Chase sea urchins almost everyday; but he isn't even at one heart yet!

#2Dwes_TrueheartPosted 5/30/2010 7:30:19 PM
I JUST got him to 1 heart and I'm a day or 2 after you. It takes a while until you get them to about 3 hearts, then it speeds up.

I'm also going for Chase now! :D

With Toby and with my friend's game with the wizard, it got faster as the hearts went higher, because of dates, confessions, accepted gifts, and dating festivals!

Wait till summer! THEN we can buy oranges and make him OJ or Marmalade. He LOVES those :D Oranges are his fave.
---
Harvest Moon Addict...I wish real life dating were so easy.
ACCF: Dwessie in Scatbury 0731-9098-6021. Plz don't ruin it.
#3weaselboy300Posted 5/31/2010 12:05:08 AM

Well it depends on how fast you are as well as how much you would like to marry, in ToT i married too fast, so in AR i'm just going to take it easy and just let things fall into place. And if i were a girl i would only marry Gill, or toby, but toby smells like fish >.> (thast why were like best friends.)

#4theycallhimjimPosted 5/31/2010 1:17:05 AM
It's pretty freaking slow getting people's opinions up, but that's OK becase the whole game is pretty slow paced. The bells and the main plot are almost irrelevant, you'll probably complete them long before getting anywhere near married. And yeah, once you get the ball rolling on a potential date, things start to speed up slightly what with the extra events that happen.

If you can, focus on giving people their favourite gifts - Chase only "likes" sea urchins so it'll take even longer to get his hearts up.

Also, without wanting to spoil anything too badly, you're going to need a whole bunch of villagers' opinions at at least 3 hearts later on in the main plot, so if you're not already, try and fit as many of them as possible into your gift-giving routine. The sooner you get started on it, the less painful it is.
---
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
#5duran1975Posted 5/31/2010 5:21:56 AM
Chase really loves pumpkin stew, so once you grow some pumpkins (Fall) you will have an easy gift for him.

---
http://heatherjohnsonart.com/ HeatherJohnsonArt is also on Etsy.com!
Now playing: Magician's Quest, Harvest Moon:Animal Parade, Puzzle Quest
#6RohkeyPosted 5/31/2010 10:02:02 AM
It pretty much works like this:

It takes 100 'points' to earn a heart.

15 (I believe) points for a 'loved' gift
10 points for a 'liked' gift
5 (I believe) for talking to someone
5 (I believe) for 'rubbing' someone

So theoretically you could earn a heart every 4 days, marry them in over a season.
Certain events and such also add points, I think it's like 20 for the picnics/romantic festivals, and 5 or 10 just for attending others or for the 2 and 4 heart gift event.

I married Kathy in the first week of fall, and most of the time I only talked to her and gave her a 'liked' gift, so it doesn't take as long as it would seem...once you get them to 2 and 3 hearts it goes a lot faster due to more opportunities to gain hearts.

---
facebook.com/theYetee
The Yanks are coming! South Africa 2010 June 11-July 11. Heil Deustchland, Comon Oranje!
#7Dwes_TrueheartPosted 6/1/2010 3:40:28 PM
Everyone says you finish the bells before you're married, but I was married on my first game before I even was CLOSE to done with purple...my son was one of the wishes...
---
Harvest Moon Addict...I wish real life dating were so easy.
ACCF: Dwessie in Scatbury 0731-9098-6021. Plz don't ruin it.
#8RohkeyPosted 6/1/2010 5:06:27 PM
Eh, depends on what you put more emphasis on. I've argued that marriage should be part of the plot, and I still stand by that...in my game I proposed the day after I summoned the King (Fall 3rd or something along those lines), so it was relatively simultaneous.
---
facebook.com/theYetee
The Yanks are coming! South Africa 2010 June 11-July 11. Heil Deustchland, Comon Oranje!
#9LirishaePosted 6/11/2010 4:56:09 AM
If you give a loved gift, talk, and rub twice with the Wiimote everyday , it will take 5 days to get a heart. 20 points per day is the maximum possible.
---
"There is nothing sad about being of a fragile race." -Diana, Legend of Mana