How long does it take to get married?

#1jimhalpert789Posted 6/29/2010 9:07:43 PM
I'm curious as to how long it takes to get married, both in "in-game" time, and real time. I'm currently playing ToT and may be picking up AP sometime soon. Since it's summer I have nearly endless amounts of time to play animal parade. I usually like to get married as soon as possible in harvest moon games. So how long did it take you to get married both in "in-game" time and in real time? and How long do you think it would take me to get married if i focused mainly on getting married and having children? How long does it take in relation to other HM games? Sorry for all of the questions, but if could answer any of them that would be very helpful. Thanks!
---
-Fat Halpert
#2LirishaePosted 6/29/2010 9:28:15 PM
It depends on who you want to get married to. Not all bachelors and bachelorettes are available at the start of the game, and some are harder to find loved gifts for than others. You might get married as early as the middle of summer, or as late as the end of winter. If you put in some serious marathon sessions, pick an easy-to-woo spouse, and focus on absolutely nothing but getting married, you could get married as quickly as a few real-life days. But it's really unlikely you'll be playing that way, so it's probably going to be more like a week or two, depending on who you marry, how much time you put in per day, and how soon you go to bed each in-game day. Time passes slowly in AP, so you can easily spend an hour or two on a single day.
---
"There is nothing sad about being of a fragile race." -Diana, Legend of Mana
#3MasterRegPosted 7/3/2010 8:47:48 PM
Well, Lirishae pretty much covered the answer, but I'll put in my 2 cents :)

My wedding day was Autumn 1, and I married Renee. As long as you see your potential spouse most days and give them "loved" gifts, you should be able to marry within 2 or 3 seasons of first meeting them, providing they live on the island (for example, you meet Calvin way before he moves in). It took me about 2 weeks in real time to marry, playing 4 or 5 game days each real day (I can easily blow an hour every game day).

Also, make sure you "rub" him/her with the Wiimote once a day for easy affection points :)