The Main game that help me relax......

#1MJE64Posted 3/20/2011 8:04:21 PM
I am usually not an anger game but Guilty Gear (on hard) and 007 (with stupid players) seen to get to me. so I pop this in and melt in to my chair and enjoy the game-play that you can not lose in.
#2FaladaPosted 4/3/2011 9:35:52 AM
I know right?
I. Adore. This. Game. <3
---
I did it 4 2 get teh lulz.
#3MaverickEntityPosted 4/3/2011 12:22:57 PM
The harvest moon series has always seemed like that to me. I haven't played any game in a long time, (since when ToT first came out) but it always seemed to melt away the stress. That is, except for when you try to get something specific and get frustrated (IE me in a mine).

I'm tempted to either pop ToT in or get this game. Most of my other games were given to my cousins, save for AWL (which although despised by most fans I enjoyed what I played of it back when I was younger).

Today's shooters and whatnot are getting a bit repetitive, but harvest moon has the only form of repetitiveness that is enjoyable.

Unfortunately, I have pretty much forgotten my play-style, so I'm hesitant to jump back in.
---
"None can resist! Total conquest is at hand!" - Lord Ferrok
#4FaladaPosted 4/3/2011 7:58:51 PM
Go for it! What have you got to lose? The worst thing that could happen is you develop a new playstyle :)
Besides, the style of every harvest moon is a little different anyway.
I also loved AWL...it's actually the game that got my sister and I started on the series :3 I can still sort of see why it was so harshly received, with all its missing elements and such, but we still thought it was completely sweet and adorable! I loved the built in field, the music...i dunno, I think it's nostalgic and cute.
But if you're debating over buying this one...yes yes, DEFINITELY get it! :)
---
I did it 4 2 get teh lulz.
#5MaverickEntityPosted 4/4/2011 7:41:29 AM
I already sent the task of finding a copy to a "friend of the family" within the game distribution industry. Hopefully he finds a copy for me.

Listening to the music from this game right now is calming as well. I'm looking forward to it in game.

I've already had thoughts on how I'll play, and I'm grateful for all the guides here and elsewhere in terms of what to hold onto for later seasons (such as the potato, corn, and whatnot). I also plan to marry the witch so that I can try to get all the rivals married off.

The one thing that always got me was mining. I've had terrible luck in the past, and getting through the floors without passing out was a nightmare in some games of the series. Sure, you could bring medical supplies, but it is usual at times when I'm low on funds or not well kitchen equipped when I need to mine, lol. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've accidentally hit cracks and went backwards to the first floor.
---
"None can resist! Total conquest is at hand!" - Lord Ferrok