Question about bluemist flowers

#1Dragonas00Posted 7/31/2011 7:30:59 PM
All of my field is poor quality soil, so before I drop 45k+ fertilizer, I want to make sure its worth it. Fogu.com says that bluemist flowers take a set amount of only 3 days to grow, which suggests that soil quality plays no part in its growth rate. However, DetroitDJ's crop guide says that bluemist flowers take 5-7 days for growth depending on the soil quality. Which is correct?

I havn't been growing plants with variable growth so I've been able to ignore fertilizer completely... I honestly don't look forward to having to drop that much G on it. I, of course, will if needed however.
---
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan
#2emily06Posted 7/31/2011 7:51:19 PM
I'm not sure exactly how it all works out but I did plant 2 3x3 squares of blue mist flowers last fall. One I had fertilized with shining fertilizer in summer so it had started to wear off but not completely because those flowers were ready a day before the unfertilized patch I planted. I believe it was 4 and 5 days but I could be wrong. Anyways its a difference of a few days max so you just have to decide if that time you save over the season will make you enough money to justify spending the money on fertilizer. It's all rather specific and complicated and honestly just gives me a headache!
#3Dragonas00(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 8:34:57 PM
Thanks, thats what I needed to know. Looks like Fogu is mistaken. It's definitely worth fertilizing my entire field as I will get 2 more harvests for the season. Shining Fertilizer costs 300g each, so that means that every 300g I spend on a plot for fertilizer, it will return the 300g I spent plus an additional 480g by the end of Fall
---
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan
#4emily06Posted 7/31/2011 9:25:18 PM
Yeah if you're gonna plant a lot of them then its worth it. Also I don't know if fogu is entirely correct about the quality of fertilizer dropping ever 14 days. I have gone 2 seasons now on shining fertilizer and my soil is still pretty dark compared to the squares I didn't fertilized.