Mystical Space Typhoon vs Field Cards?

#1Coyote KidPosted 2/14/2010 11:04:31 PM
Okay, this is what happened.

I was using my spell caster deck and I was going against a harpie Deck.
They had Harpie's hunting ground on the field.

I activated my Field Spell Magical Citadel of Endymion and they chain mystical space to it.
I understood that my Field Card was destroyed, but Harpie's Hunting Ground was still there.

Why wasn't it destroyed when I played my field card?
Is Mystical Space Typhoon strong enough to stop a field card from being replaced, or is that a programming error?
---
You've underestimated my power. Next time, prepare yourself!
Coyote Kid
#2Bakura__Posted 2/14/2010 11:06:43 PM
Your field spell card was destroyed, and it's not part of the card effect to destroy harpies hunting ground, it's a rule that says only one field spell can be active at a time, and one was. It also works with things like Twister and Dust Tornado
---
Oh bugger!
Call me... FLORENCE!
#3drake_skullPosted 2/14/2010 11:17:29 PM
MST interrupted your field spells activation, MST destroyed your field spell before it before it became the active field spell.
#4TakuyaAnataPosted 2/15/2010 12:31:52 AM
The way to see it is that it is that it has to follow a certain chain of events.

Place new field
Interrupts/Destruction?
Activate new field card
Destroy old field card

Since you couldn't get to the part where the new field was activated, it couldn't reach the last part.
Hope that kind of makes sense.
#5HU_TessaPosted 2/15/2010 1:55:55 AM
chains are resolved backwards

so the part where your field card would gain counters to prevent in from being destroyed OR the destroying of the other field spell when you activated yours would been activated after the chained card --- however that card just happened to destroy your card first
#6HydroDragonPosted 2/15/2010 7:08:11 AM
Field spell cards usually act as continuous spell cards. Continuous spell cards only work when they're on the field. Every field card has a built in 'destroy any other field spell on the field' effect, but that effect only activated when it was already in the graveyard, and since field spells act as continuous spells, it didn't resolve.
---
PSN:- HydroDragon95
#7Coyote Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2010 4:42:48 PM
Thank You!
---
You've underestimated my power. Next time, prepare yourself!
Coyote Kid
#8protobakurionPosted 2/16/2010 4:49:18 PM
MST killed the Earthbound Immortals NOOOO!
---
---
Its Leo! Nothing else and nothing more!