Stardust Dragon and Stardust Dragon Assault Mode card ruling

#1hmonghero90Posted 3/2/2010 6:09:06 PM
hey there my fellow yugioh duelist's, i was wondering if anyone can help me with the Stardust Dragon Assault Mode card ruling here. i need to know how this card works, which i already do since its a mini divine wrath but my friends wont believed me. here was how the stituation was like: BTW, please note this is what happened to me and are not the question im liking for.

1) it is my turn and i have two stardustdragon out in the field. i enter my battle phase and no card was trigger in response. i atk a face down monster and it was a man-eater bug i chain in response to it. BUT my friend say i cant do that since it was trigger. that left me saying dude wtf is a trigger effect? arent they all the same thing as activating effect? so we argued over this for a good 1 min and maybe 20 seconds, at the end i give in since he was so determine that stardust cant chain into a faced down man-eater bug when atk and its fliped. so i was wondering can i chain stardust dragon to man-eater bug when i atk it to kill it off?

2) i have 2 SDAM out on the feild and i atk a mystic tomato thus killing it and activating its effect, in response i chain to it with my assault mode and once again me and my friends argued over it again. if i can chain a sangan than why cant i chain into a freaken msytic tomato? he is saying that it is the samething as what happened to the man-eater bug effect with its "TRIGGER EFFECT." the very samething happened to Honest also, i was like dude wtf??

so here are my 3 questions that i need an answer to ASAP:

1) Can a regular Stardust Dragon chain in response to a faced down man-eater bug/cyber jar/etc. when i atk it while in faced down defense?

2) Can a SDAM chain into mystic tomato, sangan, shining angel when i kill them off?

3) Can SDAM chain to Honest and other hand effect cards, except Exodia?

BTW, i know how to play a stardust assault mode deck very good, just happened to run into people who do not believed me while playing against me. Thanks in advanced :)
---
"One must change in order to obtain something and experience something different in thier life."- Soua Her
#2Bakura__Posted 3/2/2010 6:14:39 PM
Stardust trumps maneater bug, it's a destruction effect, stardust wins

SDAM can destroy mystic tomato, sangan, and all others

I don't know about Hand effects.
---
Oh bugger!
Call me... FLORENCE!
#3hmonghero90(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2010 6:22:08 PM
ok thanks for the info :)
but if divine wrath can chain into a hand effect card cant SDAM chain into hand effect cards too? from what i see SDAM is a spell speed 2 version of the spell speed 3 trap divine wrath
---
"One must change in order to obtain something and experience something different in thier life."- Soua Her
#4Bakura__Posted 3/2/2010 6:25:44 PM
I don't know if Divine Wrath works on hand effects, I know it can beat Stardust (both forms) That's why I can't answer your question, gimme a second.
---
Oh bugger!
Call me... FLORENCE!
#5Bakura__Posted 3/2/2010 6:30:11 PM
Well I found this OCG ruling

"You can activate "Divine Wrath" and "Gladiator Beast War Chariot" during the Damage Step in Chain to an Effect Monster's effect. You can also activate these cards during Damage Calculation, for example, in Chain to the effect of "Honest"."
---
Oh bugger!
Call me... FLORENCE!
#6hmonghero90(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2010 6:31:13 PM
ok thanks then :)
but i did find this intresting peice of info i found on the website:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Stardust_Dragon/Assault_Mode
look on the 11th dot down and you can see it says that it can stop Honest, Gorz, and Tragodiea and cards similar to them. so it means that it can stop Honest and them right?
---
#7Bakura__Posted 3/2/2010 6:40:56 PM
Yes, it says it works in the damage step, so yeah you can stop honest with Divine Wrath and SDAM
---
Oh bugger!
Call me... FLORENCE!
#8drake_skullPosted 3/2/2010 6:44:42 PM
SD/AM can basically stop any effect except Exodia or an already activated Final Countdown.
#9hmonghero90(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2010 6:49:12 PM
Okk, thanks for all the help guys. Now is the chance to take this and showed it to my friend that I am right no matter what that both Stardust Dragon can negate anything that I need to except the regular Stardust Dragon. ^_^
---
#10MaestroCPosted 3/3/2010 1:07:40 PM

SD/AM can basically stop any effect except Exodia or an already activated Final Countdown.

And counter traps. Don't go around believing Assault mode can trump counter traps.
---
Xbox Live GT: MaestroC