How is this game?

#1codymcclain14Posted 10/21/2011 9:21:33 AM

I had my eye on this game ever since it came out. But all the bad word it gotten has kept me from geting it. It is still over$40. And I can't deside if I want to put that much money into a game that may not be that good.

Could someone tell me how the game is? like what's the Pro's and Con's are?

Thanks in advance. I've been really wanting to get a Role-Playing game latly. But my parents don't alow M rated games in their house so I'm basicly ****** on Role-Playing games.

#2mr_blobby213Posted 10/21/2011 6:48:15 PM

codymcclain14 posted...

I had my eye on this game ever since it came out. But all the bad word it gotten has kept me from geting it. It is still over$40. And I can't deside if I want to put that much money into a game that may not be that good.

Could someone tell me how the game is? like what's the Pro's and Con's are?

Thanks in advance. I've been really wanting to get a Role-Playing game latly. But my parents don't alow M rated games in their house so I'm basicly ****** on Role-Playing games.

I really enjoyed it. I actually played it because I heard it was terrbile and felt like a laugh and was surprised by how much I found myself enjoying it. I couldn't really give a pros and cons list as its been a few months since I've finished it, I'll do my best though

Pros:

Fun combat (I found it fun)
Large game world
Lots of weapons
Decent amount of sidequests
Nice scenery

Cons:

Only a few sets of armour
Not a lot of skills to choose from when leveling up, making it feel more like an action adventure
Fair amount of bugs and glitches
Not a lot of reply value

That is really all I can think of at the moment. That really does suck your parents not allowing M rated games, have you tried speaking to them about it?

#3codymcclain14(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 9:53:15 AM
Thanks for the reply! Do you think the game is worth $44?

And it does suck. I'm 16, so one more year i'll be buying rated M games, I don't give a **** what my dad says. My dad is a preacher, so talking to him about it is pointless. Though the only M rated game I own that he knows about is Halo 3.
#4pakathecatPosted 10/24/2011 5:34:20 AM
So far I like it quite a bit. On the pro side, beautiful scenery and pretty music. Very easy to learn the controls, fun combat. This would be an excellent starter-RPG for someone, just set it to easy. On the con side, few character models and the world isn't totally open, but you do have open areas you go between.
#5Ichiko_368Posted 11/6/2011 1:54:18 AM
I've put in about 5 hours and i love it. I payed around 40 bucks for it and it's worth it. It plays like Two Worlds 2 (which is a great game) and Divinity. If you're a fan of RPGs definitely check it out, has fun combat and missions are quite varied (so far)
---
"Vince does not like the universe, so he created his own and he is the ruler of that kingdom." - Paul Heyman.
#6dyzePosted 11/10/2011 6:17:18 AM
Has the low frame rate been fixed/patch ? or does the game still suffer from the 10-20 sluggish frame rate?
#7Ichiko_368Posted 11/11/2011 3:54:47 AM
dyze posted...
Has the low frame rate been fixed/patch ? or does the game still suffer from the 10-20 sluggish frame rate?

Honestly i'm not sure (haven't noticed it), seen as i never played it before the patch. It does have a low frame rate now and then but maybe i've just gotten used to it.
---
"Vince does not like the universe, so he created his own and he is the ruler of that kingdom." - Paul Heyman.