Bots?

#11UltiMaxiusPosted 3/5/2011 9:29:43 PM

From: IRELANDforever | Posted: 3/5/2011 1:28:55 PM | #009
When was the last game that had bots? Seems like a thing of a past really.

Bots are great. What are you talking about. Sometimes it's just all about the bots. Bots bots bots.
Bots have a better personality than most of the d-bags online.
Terrorist Hunt in RB6 Vegas 2 was one of the best modes i've ever played in any game ever!
Get with the bots man
Bots
---
Facebook is the enemy. Many of you will not understand this.......but in time.....you will

I will agree that a majority of xbox live players are mouth breathin, oxygen thieving d-dags.
Though with games like Homefront it's geared toward Player vs Player, would Bots be fine for offline sure but I wouldn't count on it.
#12IRELANDforeverPosted 3/5/2011 10:56:56 PM
And yes, while I will be shooting many suckers online myself, I still give respect to the bots.
You can have have both. It doesn't need to be an either or. But you made it seem like bots were sooo 2001 or something. Bots are a good way to unwind and maybe even hone your skills when you don't feel like having some schmuckbag say the dumbest crap over an over again online.
Bots forever! And I mean it
---
Facebook is the enemy. Many of you will not understand this.......but in time.....you will
#13cpuchessPosted 3/12/2011 11:32:36 AM

How about Killzone 3??

#14Sniping_TurtlePosted 3/12/2011 11:49:42 AM
Ya, I enjoy any game that has bots in them. Sometimes I just don't want to deal with people online or want to experiment, that's where bots come in. Hell even game modes driven by bots is fun too.

Terrorist Hunt, Horde mode, Combat Training, etc.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#15BbrendoshiPosted 3/12/2011 12:10:08 PM
Bots and servers go almost hand in hand. I think when we're talking about 32 play gameplay, having a lot of people drop out would easily make the maps feel empty. Wouldn't be bad to add bots fo missing players, then remove them again once more people join.
---
Gamtertag: Sakori
#16Sniping_TurtlePosted 3/12/2011 12:16:05 PM

Bots and servers go almost hand in hand. I think when we're talking about 32 play gameplay, having a lot of people drop out would easily make the maps feel empty. Wouldn't be bad to add bots fo missing players, then remove them again once more people join.

That part is iffy, cause if the AI isn't programmed properly, those bots will be cannon fodder, or ungodly super players with few, but rather serious, flaws that could be exploited.

I think bots should stick to coop or single player modes, rather then competitive multiplayer.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#17ROFLCOPTER603Posted 3/12/2011 12:23:21 PM

I think that Halo is the only modern game to not have bots, unless you count firefight.

#18L4ndoGr1ff1nPosted 3/12/2011 2:53:26 PM
I recall seeing bots in a beta of homefront mp.
#19RyozoPosted 3/12/2011 3:59:47 PM
And here's another question: why is it that those games which have bots never took a page from Perfect Dark in terms of being able to fine-tune their behavior and skill level on an individual basis?
---
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
#20buddhamonsterPosted 3/12/2011 4:05:47 PM
And here's another question: why is it that those games which have bots never took a page from Perfect Dark in terms of being able to fine-tune their behavior and skill level on an individual basis?

Take that a step further, I still want to know why PD is ahead of the curve on numerous fronts. Customization in-game, weapon selection, and map selection being a few key points. I mean, seriously, very, very few games can come close to matching the quality found in PD, and the game was released a decade ago.
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Mauricio "The Dragon Slayer" Rua - WAR SHOGUN