so how "bad' is this game....

#1engimamanPosted 6/30/2012 12:55:32 PM
don't get me wrong I LOVE the gameplay/mechanics ….but It was really hard for me to play SP2 due to the VAs, story and VA lines (which is semi expected for a European game…)
I seen some videos of gameplay on youtube…and so far the VA are alright…. but I have to ask…. How is the VA lines? (I.E they don’t say anything TOO corny right?)
---
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."
#2BladenytePosted 6/30/2012 9:26:10 PM
the storyline is rather stupid, it gets really old at how often they throw 'you cant change your destiny' at you.

however, the game is a lot of fun, even if the final mission can be really difficult.. i still havent been able to beat it, and the cheat codes dont seem to work =( i just want to beat it so i can move on to other games
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#3anbenleePosted 7/5/2012 4:08:55 PM
Final Map is just dumb you can only use Fire Gargoyles and Heroes w Dragon in that isolated region

WTF is the use of freeing the dragon
#4engimaman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 5:17:41 PM
man this game sounds worse and worse.....

well I'm trying to find a cheaper copy off of amazon but no luck

PS: the story line still just as linear?
---
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."
#5Kane2015Posted 7/6/2012 5:25:03 PM
anbenlee posted...
Final Map is just dumb you can only use Fire Gargoyles and Heroes w Dragon in that isolated region

WTF is the use of freeing the dragon

Your wrong. They give you a brand new hero ability called "Transport" that allows you to teleport you and up to 40 units at a time to another location such as just across the lava river. You can use that abillity over and over to transfer units.

As far as how bad is this game? It was so bad I wish I never saw it. I loved all the other spellforce games this one however is just so half-assed and rushed that it is an embarassment to the whole genre save yourself some time dont even bother with this title.
#6BladenytePosted 7/7/2012 4:21:02 AM
engimaman posted...
man this game sounds worse and worse.....

well I'm trying to find a cheaper copy off of amazon but no luck

PS: the story line still just as linear?

there are only 4 maps in the campaign.. so yea, l inear is a good word. plus you only get to pick which faction you want to play on 1 of the maps. the other one was forceing you to play the shadow forces. which sucked, because thats the one i picked before, so the only 2 base building maps i was stuck with the same faction
---
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#7engimaman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 6:28:54 PM
yeesh....thanks you guys for your honest opinions, looks like I just dodged a bullet,

ah well....
I just found out about a game with the exact same gameplay as the spellforce series so I'll just buy that instead.
---
#8BladenytePosted 7/8/2012 7:22:44 AM
are you going to tell us what game it is you found?

this isnt a bad game, not really. but i'd wait for a price drop
---
#9engimaman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2012 9:26:35 AM
BladerNyte posted...
are you going to tell us what game it is you found?

this isnt a bad game, not really. but i'd wait for a price drop

Ah well... I think you guys might have played it already but it’s The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II

I mean it’s VERY similar but more...simpler but much more tactical at the same time you can "make" your own heroes to use in free-play but you can only edit what skill/spells they learn when they level up and there’s no equipment system either.. other than that it's alright...battles are more "epic" and decisive too...

any ways I might try and pick this up if there a price drop,(but then again if its as short as you say it is...I might not....)
---
#10BladenytePosted 7/8/2012 2:54:30 PM
ah, yes that is a great game, i've beaten it many times =) i hope you have fun with it
---