Does exterminatus mega kill count towards Plasma Cannon weapon challenge?

#1bostadskontraktPosted 12/6/2011 4:37:15 AM

As subject title reads. Thanks.

#2wmd351Posted 12/6/2011 4:59:18 AM

Exterm does not count towards weapon challenges.

#3bostadskontrakt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 5:07:51 AM

Ok then I may just give up any hopes of getting to platinum. When was the last time I saw five Space Marines sitting around the same spot so I can charge up the shot and kill them all.... a 100 times over (or what the top requirement is). I never boost for platinum because that is like getting a trophy for winning a 100m dash race because you had rockets in your shoes. No point in having a trophy if I don't feel any pride or sense of accomplisment.

#4wmd351Posted 12/7/2011 12:16:57 AM

Na it doesn't have to be mega, it's just any multi kill for the challenge.

All it takes is 2 kills or more.

I got most of mine spamming the middle ground on the 3 point cap maps with the extra ammo perk.

#5bostadskontrakt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2011 1:58:00 AM

Ok thanks. What about Keeper of the armory trophy? It looks like it would require 1000 hours to get 100 killstreaks on bolter and the same type of requirement for all other, what, 10 guns? And melee to top it off...  

#6Ant151Posted 12/7/2011 5:22:20 AM
normally i would agree about boosting but for the melta gun and vengence launcher its almost impossible to get a multi kill with, and this is the last thing i need for the platinum
#7bostadskontrakt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2012 4:03:33 AM

wmd351 posted...

Na it doesn't have to be mega, it's just any multi kill for the challenge.

All it takes is 2 kills or more.

I got most of mine spamming the middle ground on the 3 point cap maps with the extra ammo perk.

Can a multi kill be 2? I though it went like this

double kill (2)

multi kill (3)

quad kill (4)

mega kill (5+)

It all it takes is 2 then there is hope :)  please say it's true

#8dday3sixPosted 1/4/2012 12:11:16 PM
bostadskontrakt posted...

wmd351 posted...

Na it doesn't have to be mega, it's just any multi kill for the challenge.All it takes is 2 kills or more.I got most of mine spamming the middle ground on the 3 point cap maps with the extra ammo perk.

Can a multi kill be 2? I though it went like thisdouble kill (2)multi kill (3)quad kill (4)mega kill (5+)It all it takes is 2 then there is hope :) please say it's true

For all the weapons challenges multikill is just more than one. You have about 4 seconds to get the other after the first kill as well. The + to the score needs to be on the screen when you get the second kill for it to count.

For the Plasma Cannon the Manufactorum and Waste Managenemt work best I found. Just haul to the capture point outside of the spawn zone for the opposition team. Start charging on the approach and if there are two people trying to capture it fire on them.
#9bostadskontrakt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2012 5:58:33 AM

dday3six posted...
For all the weapons challenges multikill is just more than one. You have about 4 seconds to get the other after the first kill as well. The + to the score needs to be on the screen when you get the second kill for it to count.

For the Plasma Cannon the Manufactorum and Waste Managenemt work best I found. Just haul to the capture point outside of the spawn zone for the opposition team. Start charging on the approach and if there are two people trying to capture it fire on them.

Thanks that's helpful info for sure. I usually get the plasma cannon for the first spawning of a match and rush over to the enemy's first cap point and fire a charged shot. Every second try I get a double kill. The ohter day I got three in one shot on manufactorum, that's pretty rare. After that first attempt regardless of outcome I swithch weapon/c l a ss because I think it's more fun to play other guns and I have challenges to clear on those as well. I'm lvl 41 so I don't even care about my k/d ratio anymore as long as I get progress towards challenges.

#10bostadskontrakt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2012 5:58:44 AM

dday3six posted...

Thanks that's helpful info for sure. I usually get the plasma cannon for the first spawning of a match and rush over to the enemy's first cap point and fire a charged shot. Every second try I get a double kill. The ohter day I got three in one shot on manufactorum, that's pretty rare. After that first attempt regardless of outcome I swithch weapon/c l a ss because I think it's more fun to play other guns and I have challenges to clear on those as well. I'm lvl 41 so I don't even care about my k/d ratio anymore as long as I get progress towards challenges.