Which Color Uniforms are generally used for Home and Away team?(light and dark)

#1HwoarangExpert1Posted 4/7/2010 1:43:43 PM
Such as in most most American sports the Home team will wear the their Lighter or White Uniform and the Away team will wear a darker color uniform.

is it the the same or opposite for soccer? i noticed sometime during uniform select the home team is wearing the darker uniform and the away team wearing a lighter uniform.
---
PSN - Ziaro_7
#2LiquidRussPosted 4/7/2010 3:59:05 PM
Entirely depends on the club. My team Derby play in white at home and black away but it can be completely different for other teams. No real pattern to it, it just depends on what the clubs colors are.
---
[[[[[|||||]]]]][[[[[|||||]]]]][[[[[|||||]]]]][[[[[|||||]]]]][[[[[|||||]]]]]
#3Kens_RanrothPosted 4/8/2010 12:00:58 PM
Like above, it entirely depends on the team. The color is more important in soccer than light or dark. Most teams have the same style of kit for their home jersey forever, and change their away kits every year or two. There are also some teams that will never be seen wearing a certain color. For example, Celtic will never ever wear red or blue. Rangers will never ever wear green. Barcelona will never wear white. AC Milan will never wear blue, Inter Milan will never wear red. This concept isn't seen so much in England, because there are so many teams that contest for the top, and there aren't as many clear cut rivalries. There are big games, but no live-or-die rivalries that hate each other.
---
Down, here comes the sound, everyone pound your feet to this phenomenon.
#4BHoldMyMitySkllPosted 4/9/2010 3:55:41 PM
This concept isn't seen so much in England, because there are so many teams that contest for the top, and there aren't as many clear cut rivalries. There are big games, but no live-or-die rivalries that hate each other.

Ignore this statement completely.

Also, "uniforms"?

---
I wanted to see Yuna's statue too. But I wanted to see it... withyunabymyside.
#5Kens_RanrothPosted 4/9/2010 4:35:53 PM
Uniforms is the term they use in the US. Don't be so ignorant.

And I meant the rivalries in terms of one-on-one rivalries, when applied to the kit color thing. Celtic and Rangers are rivals, and they really don't care about the rest of the games in the league, that's why they will clash with other teams, but never each other. In the EPL, no team has only one rival, therefore there isn't only one color they won't wear. If they chose to not wear the colors of ALL their rivals, there'd be very few colors to choose from. Chelsea might wear white or black, Arsenal have worn blue, as has Man U.
---
Down, here comes the sound, everyone pound your feet to this phenomenon.
#6junkd03Posted 4/11/2010 5:33:43 AM
To answer the original post:

Football teams always play in their home colours (which can be anything, light, dark, striped, hooped) when playing at home.

They also play in their home strip when playing away unless the colour clashes with the home team.

e.g. When Liverpool play away against Chelsea they will play in their red home kit but away against Man Utd they will wear white as Utd also have a red home shirt

Only on rare occasions (like promotion of a new away kit for the upcoming season) will teams deviate from this. Quite a few big teams also have third strips for when both their home and away kits clash but that's more of a money-making thing rather than a necessity if you ask me.

Hope that helps :)
#7randomminatorPosted 4/12/2010 4:31:06 PM
most teams have a two kits (home and away) where one is colourful and one either white or black

http://tweetphoto.com/7569214 That right there is me and yo' mama
PSN: Priestinator
#8VerySikTodayIIPosted 4/12/2010 8:28:06 PM
I think home and away jerseys are just something for north american sports (i'm from canada btw). In soccer, you have teams that use white for home games, other use warm colors and others use darker colors. I think it's just a matter of the home team using their primary jersey and the away team using a jersey with a color that can differentiate from the home jersey, whether it's their primary or secondary/third jersey.
#9EddieWeMissUPosted 4/13/2010 2:03:34 AM
Pretty much what junkd said.
---
I'm a camper and the Heartbeat Sensor was my idea.