Trophy Glitch

#1KiraYamatoDaManPosted 5/1/2010 9:48:36 AM
As said in the title, I'm experiencing a trophy glitch. I was able to obtain trophies normally thus far but for some weird reason, the trophies "Fish of legend" and the two combo trophies can't be obtained despite fulfilling the requirements :/ Any help would be appreciated!
---
Currently playing : Final Fantasy XI, Sakura Wars ~PSN: AppleDough
#2PFireflyPosted 5/1/2010 9:51:47 AM
you coud try backing up your save data then re-install. I never ran into trophy problems, sorry.
---
If you challenge a cop to a fight and win, he legally can't give you a ticket.
#3PaulaSchaefferPosted 5/2/2010 5:40:13 PM
I don't think there's anything you can do, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I was glitched out of the trophies for viewing Ending A, and for beating the final boss. I overwrote my save because I figured they'd pop up after it gave me the New Game+ dialog box, but it of course did not. I was also glitched out of the Wordsmith trophy around the same time, though I didn't realize that until I counted and saw that I had 53 words. I didn't get Educated Warrior either upon using that clear data. There is no way in hell I'm clearing the game from scratch just to see if they pop up the next time...

This is really agitating, if only because I like being able to scroll through my trophy list and find out when I beat games.
#4PaulaSchaefferPosted 5/2/2010 8:21:28 PM
Proof that I'm not making this up: http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/Queen_Zoe/1125

As you can see, I have the B Ending trophy now, but not the trophy for the A ending. I was able to regain a few of the trophies I got glitched out of on the first playthrough, but it appears Wordsmith and Educated Warrior are unobtainable if you miss them the first time.

Of course the trophies could be somewhat fixed retroactively if a patch adds sanity checks to the trophies, but I'm not expecting that. *sighs*
#5victorinox12Posted 5/3/2010 1:59:17 AM
^ or you could just redo your A cycle...
---
Psn: Admiralvic
feel free to add me =P
#6PaulaSchaefferPosted 5/3/2010 4:24:20 AM
Of course I COULD, but it's not exactly a nice solution. It would involve me blowing 10-15 hours on another playthrough that may or may not properly trigger the right trophies. I didn't really find the game interesting enough to justify doing that just for the chance at getting credit for something I've already accomplished.
#7victorinox12Posted 5/3/2010 5:52:46 AM
^ let me put it like this then... Since im not a trophy hunter, and never really care to update my PSN card, I cant tell if you did it or not... But according to that (and according to your posts) you did not beat the game in under 15 hours, which entitles you to a trophy too =P which you only do a FULL cycle on your first playthough so i figure, if you want that you end up doing all that **** again... so i fail to see the issue

Then again im hardly a trophy collector, so i could be completely wrong ^^
---
Psn: Admiralvic
feel free to add me =P
#8SutorrenPosted 5/3/2010 6:54:09 AM
Did you maybe change your PS3's clock for the Moonflower Seeds?
That might have caused some problem.
---
PSN ID: maiepaolo
http://japanda.altervista.org
#9PaulaSchaefferPosted 5/3/2010 8:39:17 AM

^ let me put it like this then... Since im not a trophy hunter, and never really care to update my PSN card, I cant tell if you did it or not... But according to that (and according to your posts) you did not beat the game in under 15 hours, which entitles you to a trophy too =P which you only do a FULL cycle on your first playthough so i figure, if you want that you end up doing all that **** again... so i fail to see the issue

Then again im hardly a trophy collector, so i could be completely wrong ^^

I know I can go for the 15 hour trophy, but I don't think I'm going to bother; well, at least not any time soon. I don't really have any ambitions of getting a platinum for this game. As soon as I finish the final two endings, the game is getting shelved for a while.

By the way, I'm not really a "trophy hunter" per se. I don't buy or play games just for the purpose of getting their trophies or anything like that. I just don't like knowing that I did not receive credit for something I've accomplished during the course of play.

Did you maybe change your PS3's clock for the Moonflower Seeds?
That might have caused some problem.

I did not. I've never touched my PS3's clock since the day I bought it.
#10PaulaSchaefferPosted 5/3/2010 8:51:13 AM
Update: I just got awarded Wordsmith on my 63rd word. WTF? I guess it does check and try to award you the trophy after every word you collect, but somehow failed for me 13 times before getting it right.