Titanium Alloy

#1VestilePosted 4/21/2010 7:05:01 AM

Hey everyone. Is there a way to farm the Titanium Alloy? I did the first quest for the brothers and he upgraded my Nameless sword automatically. I didnt want him to do that, SO i went back through the 2 area's that i can cover and cleared them again. All i got were broken motors, arms, and boards. Any Idea whats up with the Titanium alloy ? Or am i allowed to get that only a event/mission situations?

Enjoy the game!

#2XTIZ3Posted 4/21/2010 7:21:27 AM
You can get them whenever. They're just a rare drop.
---
Name: Tyler. Town: Boston
Animal Crossing : CF - 4855-0087-6705
#3Grimm86Posted 4/21/2010 7:32:33 AM
It becomes a little easier to get later in the game. Until then, I am pretty sure the red light robots are the ones that have a small chance to drop it.
---
Behold, My Big Boss Rank: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7063/bbrankaz6.jpg
#4Vestile(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2010 7:34:20 AM

k i figured as much. Thanks alot for your quick feed back :)

i just got the beast bain....should i hold off upgrades till i get a better weapon ?

#5DeviiishPosted 4/21/2010 7:35:18 AM
Was going to ask the exact same question.

but, I've gone back thru the junk heap three times now and got one titanium alloy out of it.
As the above poster said - its a rare drop, and seems its only from those special few that are lightly yellow colored.

Any more help in getting them would be greatly appreciated, are there word's that you can use to boost the rare drop rate?
#6Grimm86Posted 4/21/2010 7:46:12 AM
There are words that increase item drop rate in general, but since robots drop an item every time anyway, I do not think it makes a difference for titanium.

**POSSIBLE WEAPON SPOILERS**

For weapons, I bought Beastbain first thing, and used it for most of the game. Since it uses a complex engine, by the time I was able to upgrade it I had found something better. Many of the components for upgrading the better weapons seem really hard to find, so I have not bothered with it, other than leveling my current weapon 1 time. Fights seem easy enough as is, on normal difficulty anyway.
---
Behold, My Big Boss Rank: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7063/bbrankaz6.jpg
#7XTIZ3Posted 4/21/2010 7:46:26 AM
I think the beastbain is worth at least one upgrade. I found it to be the best weapon until later on in the game. As for the titanium alloy. I would just hold off upgrading until later one. They are an extremely rare drop early in the game but become pretty easy to get later on.
---
Name: Tyler. Town: Boston
Animal Crossing : CF - 4855-0087-6705