I just ordered the game today, , question about the diffculty

#1hazeyvillePosted 1/3/2012 3:11:59 PM
I'm looking forward to playing this game , because I always liked Dynasty Warriors a few years back but felt it was the same game over. From what I have read regarding this game it's a bit different, plus my background being Greek my father used to read the Iliad to me as a child so I love the story, characters. Do you get to play as Diomides? He's my fav character of the Iliad. Also should I start off playing on normal or start playing on hard? Secondary objectives; fun or annoying?
#2BilouzePosted 1/11/2012 4:03:30 PM
Play on Hard, definitely. The 2nd objectives are a good incentive to get better items, but a few of them might be a little tedious to obtain. Nothing really frustrating though. And no, Diomedes isn't in the game.
#3hazeyville(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 2:05:10 PM
Thanks for the advice
#4Lord BladePosted 1/23/2012 10:19:48 AM
I'm finding the game rather challenging on Easy. But then, I can't seem to get the timing down for the perfect parry, which seems to be essential to progress in this game.

And the quick time events kick my ass time and time again. I hate them. A stupid addition to the game and completely kills the gameplay during boss fights.
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens
#5Metal_JawsPosted 1/23/2012 12:36:00 PM
Play on Easy the first time through. Then play the unlocked difficulty Expert after that for your second playthrough.
---
Reality is a Prison - Sucker Punch
#6BilouzePosted 1/25/2012 10:24:55 AM(edited)
Lord Blade posted...
But then, I can't seem to get the timing down for the perfect parry, which seems to be essential to progress in this game.

I had trouble with that as well, and even after finishing the game twice I still couldn't get it right every time. It is however far from necessary to beat the game, let alone in easy mode. Even in duels, with a good fury management, you can do with almost no parrying.
#7Lord BladePosted 1/26/2012 6:16:10 AM
I had trouble with that as well, and even after finishing the game twice I still couldn't get it right every time. It is however far from necessary to beat the game, let alone in easy mode. Even in duels, with a good fury management, you can do with almost no parrying.

*Spoilers*

Well, I seemed to need it to beat the Achilles vs Hektor fight after Petroklos died.
Hektor was in parry-all mode, and the only way I could hit him was after a counter-counter-counter-counter-etc session.

My friend had to beat it for me, cause I just couldn't.
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens