Turn off suit voice?

#1bburkoPosted 3/29/2011 8:22:35 PM
Cant find a response to this.

There is no way to turn off the nanosuit voice??

It's getting on my nerves.
It was a novelty in the first game, but even then I turned it off after a few minutes.

Can I edit something in a config file or anything like that?
#2Mr_duongPosted 3/29/2011 9:09:17 PM
I couldn't find an option to change it to the female voice like in Warhead. :(
---
Weaksauce.
#3bburko(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 9:18:58 PM
I actually think the voice itself sounds good. But every few second?? no thanks.
#4tretspeedPosted 3/29/2011 9:30:50 PM
I wish you could turn it off too. I switch modes a lot so it gets annoying fast.
---
Windows 7| MSI P67A-C43 | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) | nVidia Geforce GTX 460 @ 1920 x 1080 | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) |
#5kopo007Posted 3/29/2011 9:38:27 PM
Well Atcatraze is new to the suite if you turn it off it's like sending him to hell without a guidebook..
#6dflynchimpPosted 3/29/2011 9:39:25 PM
If you play through the game it is eventually revealed that the suit's voice (which has been guiding Alcatraz in much of his endeavors) is actually the voice of Prophet, the previous owner of the suit. Prophet's DNA and his consciousness has been integrated into the suit by the time he removes it, so unless Prophet was not Lawrence Barnes a burly muscular Afro-American man and was instead that sexy-voiced lady who does the car GPS-voices, then yeah you won't be seeing a female voice option for the Nanosuit 2.

lol
#7kopo007Posted 3/29/2011 9:47:20 PM
No..no...that weird voice is the suite, Prophet can only talk when the suite switch to deep layer mode.
#8bburko(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 9:48:15 PM
dflynchimp posted...
If you play through the game it is eventually revealed that the suit's voice (which has been guiding Alcatraz in much of his endeavors) is actually the voice of Prophet, the previous owner of the suit. Prophet's DNA and his consciousness has been integrated into the suit by the time he removes it, so unless Prophet was not Lawrence Barnes a burly muscular Afro-American man and was instead that sexy-voiced lady who does the car GPS-voices, then yeah you won't be seeing a female voice option for the Nanosuit 2.

lol

I just started the game so I would consider that a massive spoiler if that wasn't already kind of obvious that that was going on.
#9dflynchimpPosted 3/29/2011 9:55:19 PM
kopo007 posted...
No..no...that weird voice is the suite, Prophet can only talk when the suite switch to deep layer mode.

Prophet became PART of the suit when his consciousness integrated with it. Deep layer or not, you can't really explain the suits numerous decisions to "recommend Tactical Assessment" or "Suit Override" at the beginning of the game and throughout the game. This was not part of the suits programming as Prophet wouldn't have needed it as a veteran of previous iterations of the suit. Canonically speaking whenevery the suit is recommending Tactical Assessment, offering Alcatraz insights into a battlefield like flank or observe or ledge grab, it's Prophet coaching the new nanosuit user.

I'm not saying everything the suit says is Prophet talking, but I think in the end the suit has its own distinct consciousness, which was merged with Prophets, and is distinctly male.

It would also seem that the nanosuit 2 is an evolutionary step up from the nanosuit 1, which still acted more like a "suit" and less like a symbiont (I choked so many neked aliens to death in zero G as Nomad in Crysis 1 but his suit certainly didn't start absorbing their essence and upgrading itself.) Prophet's suit is less of a "suit" and more of a living organism (synthetic yes, but still living).
#10bburko(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2011 11:48:00 PM(edited)
dflynchimp posted...
......., you can't really explain the suits numerous decisions to "recommend Tactical Assessment" or "Suit Override" at the beginning of the game and throughout the game. This was not part of the suits programming as Prophet wouldn't have needed it as a veteran of previous iterations of the suit.

Sure you can.

The suit very clearly says: "integrating new dna profile" right at the start.
It makes sense that it would run through a few tutorials.