Any Advantage to Power Mode?

#1Moblin13Posted 3/23/2011 7:37:31 AM
Is there any advantage to attacking in power mode other than conserving energy? Like does your melee attack inflict more damage or can you jump higher? I guess you could strafe more quickly making you harder to hit but I'm wondering if there would be any other situations in which it is better to not turn on armor or cloak.
---
"All it takes it fly is to throw yourself at the ground and miss" ~ Douglas Adams
#2bluehat94Posted 3/23/2011 7:38:35 AM
nope it just gives you more resistance to bullets and explosives
---
Stupidity is not an excuse for bad grammar
#3bhaal_spawnPosted 3/23/2011 8:20:59 AM
he is asking about power mode not armor
i am pretty sure that melee hits do more damage in power mode,
im honestly not sure (still waiting to get my game)
but in Crysis 1 strength mode reduced the recoil of weapons, power mode may do the same in Crysis 2
someone who has already got it should be able to confirm or deny that though
---
GT: StrikingKestrel
PSN: Katelyst
#4Moblin13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2011 11:17:29 AM
bumppp
---
"All it takes it fly is to throw yourself at the ground and miss" ~ Douglas Adams
#5sythe343Posted 3/23/2011 11:25:19 AM
LB is Armor mode...there is no "Power Mode" persay, but if you hold down the A button you jump higher as opposed to tapping it...if you hold the Melee button you do a very powerful punch as opposed to the normal quick jab...and that power punch will kill someone.

and lastly, i think, If you hold down the LS while in ADS mode, your arms will lock up and prevent sway as long as it's held down...BTW that "arm lock" works with any weapon. It's how i got my Headshot hunter achievement. Or well i used:

Scarab w/ silencer and RDS and single shot.

When you fire a single shot from a gun with a silencer it doesn't tear your cloak away so you can:

1. Cloak
2. Move to ledge or area with good line of sight
3. Aim at target perferably at the head as best as you can.
4. Click the LS to stiffen up and then line up the headshot.
5. Pull the trigger
6. step back around cover, uncloak, and recharge, rinse, and repeat.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield
#6MaxPowerzsPosted 3/23/2011 11:28:50 AM
^Yeah, clicking LS while aiming down sights stabilizes your aim. Try aiming at someone with the SCAR without it and when you fire, the gun jumps around slightly. If you click in LS, it jumps around much less, but uses suit energy.

It works with all weapons, I believe.
---
XBL Gamertag & PSN ID: MaxChan
Currently Playing: Halo: Reach (360), Red Dead Redemption (360), Dead Space 2 (360), Army of Two: The 40th Day (360)
#7MagzaPosted 3/23/2011 11:31:31 AM

LB is Armor mode...there is no "Power Mode" persay, but if you hold down the A button you jump higher as opposed to tapping it...if you hold the Melee button you do a very powerful punch as opposed to the normal quick jab...and that power punch will kill someone.

and lastly, i think, If you hold down the LS while in ADS mode, your arms will lock up and prevent sway as long as it's held down...BTW that "arm lock" works with any weapon. It's how i got my Headshot hunter achievement. Or well i used:

Scarab w/ silencer and RDS and single shot.

When you fire a single shot from a gun with a silencer it doesn't tear your cloak away so you can:

1. Cloak
2. Move to ledge or area with good line of sight
3. Aim at target perferably at the head as best as you can.
4. Click the LS to stiffen up and then line up the headshot.
5. Pull the trigger
6. step back around cover, uncloak, and recharge, rinse, and repeat.

Holy crap people, he's talking about Strength Mode. Yes, Melee does more damage and you jump higher. You can also throw people or things farther.
---
AMD 1090T 3.2 GHZ | 890FXA-UD5 | 4x2GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 | EVGA 480 Fermi SC+ | Barracuda 1TB HD | Corsair 850W | Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 | Windows 7 Pro 64bit
#8sythe343Posted 3/23/2011 11:43:05 AM
Magza posted...

Holy crap people, he's talking about Strength Mode. Yes, Melee does more damage and you jump higher. You can also throw people or things farther.

I gathered that much, but it sounded more like he talking about being in a "mode" like stealth or armor...in this one Power Mode isn't a mode, but it's just something you do.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield