Crysis avatar items

#1DeathMetalPizzaPosted 2/18/2011 6:54:15 PM

Am I the only person that thinks an avatar in the nanosuit would be most triumphant?

#2YoungSinatra25Posted 2/18/2011 8:30:56 PM

Maybe of the MP variants, but the Nano suits overall design isn't all that impressive from a creative point of view..

#3DeathMetalPizza(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2011 10:58:57 PM

I think it's pretty sweet. Didn't it win the reddot best of the best award?

#4ShockWav3Posted 2/19/2011 12:32:45 AM
I think it looks better than the halo and mass effect armor everyone else wears.
---
Nihil Novi Sub Sol!
#5RyozoPosted 2/19/2011 4:35:04 PM
Agree on the MP variants; bonus points if each has a range of selectable camo patterns. Some avatar awards - i.e. the Dead to Rights: Retribution shirts and hoodies) can have a color chosen from a palette each time you put them on... sadly, MS itself doesn't seem to make use of this feature despite some items screaming for it. A big offender: the football (or soccer, if you must) kits. Why duplicate the items instead of giving each one a palette with 'home' and 'away' color schames?
---
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
#6MrArmageddon8Posted 2/19/2011 6:32:08 PM

YoungSinatra25 posted...

Maybe of the MP variants, but the Nano suits overall design isn't all that impressive from a creative point of view..

It far more detailed than other super soldier suits. The design of the suit won a Red Dot award which is awarded to product designs of superior quality.

#7AravesquePosted 2/21/2011 9:58:47 AM
I'd buy a Nanosuit avatar item, it would be a good idea since Xbox is getting all the love console-wise.
#8L0ZPosted 2/22/2011 7:59:40 AM
I'd only buy the KPA Nanosuit
#9DeathMetalPizza(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2011 2:47:28 PM

This really has nothing to do with the topic, but.. it kinda does.I kinda wanna vent for a sec.

I think it's kinda lame that avatars cannot wield weapons. The closest thing to a weapon your avatar can handle is a freakin' lightsaber... or a cardboard tube. OOOOOH!!! I understand people don't exactly want their 5 year-old's avatar decked out in parent-slaying attire, but why can't weapon accessories be limited to adult accounts? Isn't kinda lame to see somebody in a slick adult-themed outfit just for them to be holding an ice cream cone or something? lol... I may be out of line here, but it's just something that bugs me.

#10ZakurooPosted 2/22/2011 4:14:10 PM

It's not supposed to be. Function over Form. We're in a war here, soldier, not a dress-up contest. Go back to your dolls if you want to look pretty.
---
You know me, even if you think otherwise.