How to get past the troll guard in the Lobby Hallway?

#1drujazPosted 7/6/2010 3:50:35 PM
Stuck on Year 3 between Levels 1 and 2. Ghost states that I need to go through the door in the Lobby Hallway (L-shaped hallway to the right of the Fountain Courtyard). There is a Troll Guard blocking the doorway. There does not seem to be any other ways around to get back into Hogwarts... Please help.
#2CyricZPosted 7/6/2010 4:01:13 PM
Um, let's see. In between Story Events 1 and 2, you need to go to DADA Class, Divination, then to Hagrid's. Have you done all these?

---
CyricZ: Just Huggle It - Let's narrow it down.
#3bethsworkinPosted 7/17/2010 9:19:31 PM
I have finished both of those and the troll is still there... any other ideas?
#4bethsworkinPosted 7/17/2010 9:40:45 PM
which is to say i've done the ridiculous & divination and then i'm supposed to follow the ghost down the hallway and the troll is there going into other rooms and then back doesn't help anything.... i really don't want to start all over again... :(
#5SeanPeffsPosted 7/18/2010 4:17:38 AM
I'm sure I got past a troll at one point by using Harry's Invisibility Cloak. Have you tried that?
#6bethsworkinPosted 7/18/2010 6:10:08 AM
i've tried the cloak and that doesn't seem to work either... if it helps to know the troll is actually sleeping in front of the door. if you shoot a spell at him to wake him up he gets mad and throws you off the balcony. i've tried each spell and they all do the same thing. :(
#7Wolfe_CHPosted 7/18/2010 7:15:25 AM

If you've finished Divination you need to leave by another route. To the left of the Divination door is another door. You'll have to hang the plant like you did to get to Divination so the vines disappear. Then go through that door. You'll wind up back in the main Fountain Courtyard Hub and the trolls (there are actually two - the other guards the entrance to the Main Lobby from the Outside Corridor) will no longer be there.

- Chris

#8bethsworkinPosted 7/18/2010 9:29:51 AM
thanks so much chris! i found that opening that you were talking about. I'm so glad it wasn't one of the many bugs i've been hearing about or something that would make it so i'd have to start all over again.