Tenor335's Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4: Red Brick Guide v1.0

#1Tenor335Posted 7/2/2010 3:17:47 PM
Tenor335’s Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4: Red Brick Guide

The red bricks, like in all the previous lego games, unlock various extras from stud multiplier to invincibility. They are all in Hogwarts, so you don't need to search in the levels to find them. When you do find a red brick, you need to deliver it to Hedwig who is standing on an owl post nearby. After that, the red bricks will show up on the second floor of the owl emporium in Diagon Alley, so that they can be purchased.

To find all of the red bricks, you will need to unlock at least one person from each of the four houses. You will need a dark wizard. You will need Griphook the Goblin, and it wouldn’t hurt to have a bearded wizard as well. These are in addition to various spells that you will unlock throughout the course of the game. Feel free to add a correction, or a more elaborate description where you feel is necessary.

Griphook can be unlocked in level 1-1. He’s right next to the vault with Harry’s money in it, locked in a chest. So you must have gotten the spell in year four to break shining silvery objects to get him.

You can get your first dark wizard, Barty Crouch Jr., in level 4-1. He’s towards the end of the level, also locked in a chest. So you’ll have to go back for him after you’ve learned the lock breaking spell.

Dumbledore is unlocked in his office after you beat the story mode. Bring a dark wizard to unlock the chest behind is desk. Another version of Dumbledore is available if you solve the puzzle in the room.

I don’t remember where you get the various representatives of the four Hogwarts houses, but by the time I had gotten to the point where I could solve most of these puzzles I had already found the characters I needed to get into the various common rooms, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast Dig-
On the grounds near Hagrid’s hut, towards the left side of the field make it rain so flowers grow. Destroy all the flowers to get the red brick. Deliver to Hedwig by the entrance back into Hogwarts.

Collect Ghost Studs-
In the courtyard with the Pendulum in the back, destroy the statues around the water and build with the pieces that appear. Take the package to Hedwig who is right by the Pendulum.

Fall Rescue-
In the Gryffindor boy’s dormitory, break the chest to the left of Hedwig for the brick.

Score X2-
In the courtyard with the Pendulum, break the lock on the chest; defeat the Bogart for the key to the locked door next to the Pendulum. Inside, open the two chests and match up the clocks with the colored pedestals to get the brick. Take out the Pixies and take the brick up the stairs to Hedwig.

Score X4-
Go down the stairs in the center of the Slytherin common room. The red brick is sitting out on the right side of the room. Hedwig is by the door.

Score X6-
In the room with the moving stairs, take them up until you get to the door. Make the printer print a picture of a red brick and than give the brick to Hedwig.

Score X8-
In the boys’ restroom, repair the four showerheads for the brick. Hedwig is by the door.

Score X10-
After unlocking the aging potion and gaining the ability to break locks, unlock Griphook in level 1-1. Go to the room where you unlock the aging potion, go through the door next to the age circle. Gather the 3 green keys and unlock the door. Build up to the right for the red brick. Build up to the left and break the chest to unlock Snape as a playable character.

---
Pearl Name: Aaron FC: 1633-0663-6897
Platinum Name: Aaron FC: 2535-9552-4769
#2Tenor335(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2010 3:18:08 PM
Red Brick Detector-
Use a bearded wizard in the library to cross the age line and enter the restricted section. On the far back wall you can see the brick on the shelf. Place books from on the floor onto the shelf in the correct spots to knock it down.

Gold Brick Detector-
Use the time turner in the owlry. Have the owls lift you to the highest floor. Turn on the projector and pull the brick out of the projection.

Character Token Detector-
Take a dark wizard, Griphook, and a parseltongue to the classroom where you learned lumos. Have Griphook open the trapdoor in the floor. Get past all the obstacles heading to the right. Talk to the snake, and then have the dark wizard open the ball for the red brick.

Hogwarts Crest Detector-
In Ravenclaw tower, build the black bird on the floor. Blast it to have it fly away, leaving behind the red brick.

Extra Hearts-
In the classroom where you learned Wingaurdium Leviosa, blast the lock and go down the trapdoor in the floor. Open the ball on the far side with a dark wizard for the red brick. Build the dragon to unlock Mad-eye Moody.

Regenerate Hearts-
The classroom where you trained against Bogarts in year three has a locked chest in the back. Open it and build a door. Go through the door and defeat all the Bogarts for a chest with the red brick.

Fast Magic-
In the back of Moody’s classroom is a ball that must be opened by a dark wizard. Open it for the red brick.

Singing Mandrake-
Open the locked door in the Herbology classroom. Enter the green house on the right. Make the strength potion. Free the student in peril. Build the stairs from the leaves and pot the three mandrakes for the red brick.

Stud Magnet-
By the Quiditch field have Crookshanks dig up pieces and build the clock. Use the time turner and go to the far right. Behind the dementor is a block of ice. Break it with the pickaxe for the brick. Hedwig is just to the left of the Quiditch tent.

Character Studs-
In the great hall, at the very end of the farthest left table, blast a turkey to turn it into a live turkey. Then blast the turkey for the brick.

Christmas-
In the Hufflepuff common room, pot the mandrake to open the door to the bedroom and blast off all the flowers for the brick.

Invincibility-
Beat story mode, go to Dumbledore’s office and approach Fwaks the Phoenix to get the brick.

---
#3agentclank1Posted 7/2/2010 3:23:54 PM
have you submitted this as a faq yet?
---
"I love Nintendogs! The only reason I stopped playing was because I went through puberty and my dogs didn't recognize my voice."-NickyTheNewt
#4Tenor335(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2010 3:26:26 PM
No, I'm not really sure how to. And I figured I'd post it here first in case anybody see's any errors or has a better way of explaining something. Although I wrote everything down as I was solving the puzzles so they should be pretty accurate.
---
#5WingBowlMVPPosted 7/2/2010 3:28:01 PM
Hey everyone request a sticky for this
---
A banjo is not a suppository.
#6Tenor335(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2010 6:05:11 PM
I may actually submit this as an FAQ to gamefaqs although I am going to try to add more information so it may take several more days before I do submit it.
---
#7MonsterDeLagPosted 7/2/2010 6:09:46 PM
Is the x6 multiplier on the way to the dorms? That the only "room" I can think of with moving stairs. How soon can I get that one?
#8crago2000Posted 7/2/2010 6:20:19 PM

Is the x6 multiplier on the way to the dorms? That the only "room" I can think of with moving stairs. How soon can I get that one?

You usually pass the room on the way to Dumbledore's office. You need to ring a bell to get the door to open.
---
"You know you're in trouble when you get beat by something called a Wii."-TIME about the PS3.
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/crago2002.png
#9Mychael612Posted 7/2/2010 6:39:16 PM
You should still submit it now. You can update it after if you want.
---
"What's the thing with the quote and the things in it?!" ~My best friend.
#10beldive76Posted 7/3/2010 12:39:04 AM
bump