Character Special Abilities

#1thronfirePosted 7/5/2010 9:20:08 PM
So I just got 100%, and am now looking to see if any characters have any different abilities that I missed. My main complaint with the game is the lack of variety: with 167 characters, I suppose it is understandable, but still, I wish people like Dumbledore and Voldemort would have special abilties, especially considering what all you need to do to unlock them.

So far, I have:

Animagi:
*McGonagall - turns into a cat
*Peter Pettigrew - turns into a rat
*Sirius Black - turns into a dog
*Lupin - turns into a werewolf

Harry - invisibility cloak

Death Eaters - Avada Kedavra

Ron (until 3rd year) - summon Scabbers
Hermoine (after 3rd year) - summon Crookshanks

Are there any other characters with unique abilities, or traits?
#2Just_a_loserPosted 7/5/2010 10:40:11 PM
Rita Skeeter turns into a bug.

I've been going through the characters as well, testing them out and fooling around with boggarts.

So far its been pretty much a waste of time.

Harry's: dementor
Ron's: spider
Hermione's: McGonagall holding a paper
Voldemort's: Harry
Padma's: snake
Neville's: Snape
Everyone else: Voldemort.

And Neville can't seem to get Riddikulus to work. No more seeing Snape in a dress. =/

Now, I'm still working on the characters and haven't tried everyone, but I think they could have gotten a bit more creative with it. Dumbledore fearing Voldemort? Seriously??? Could at least have shown a student/his sister/Harry being ill or something.

Same with Sirius...I think his should have been Harry being hurt. I mean, Harry is his motivation for breaking out...just to keep him safe.

Same with Molly seeing her family.

Though lol@the way Pettigrew "sneaks".
---
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.
#3Just_a_loserPosted 7/5/2010 10:50:14 PM
A minor update on the boggarts.

Dean Thomas's: a bodiless eyeball
Lupin's: moon
---
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.
#4Just_a_loserPosted 7/5/2010 11:14:51 PM
Finished up.

Only other character that didn't get Voldemort was Parvati...and I couldn't really tell what it was. Looks like it might be a zombie?
---
#5thronfire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 7:54:28 AM
Thanks for the addition, I completely forgot about Rita being an Animagus.

Also, for Parvati, is it possible the "zombie" looking thing was an Inferus? I don't recall any specific instances with her encountering them except in Snape's class in the 6th book, and I don't have the game at my current location so I can't go to confirm this...

The list so far:

Animagi:
*McGonagall - turns into a cat
*Peter Pettigrew - turns into a rat
*Sirius Black - turns into a dog
*Lupin - turns into a werewolf
*Rita Skeeter - turns into a bug

Harry - invisibility cloak

Death Eaters - Avada Kedavra

Ron (until 3rd year) - summon Scabbers
Hermoine (after 3rd year) - summon Crookshanks

Unique Boggarts (for those not listed, boggart = Voldemort):
*Harry: dementor
*Ron: spider
*Hermione: McGonagall holding a paper
*Voldemort: Harry
*Padma: Snake
*Neville: Snape
*Dean Thomas: Eyeball
*Lupin: Moon
*Parvati: Inferus?
#6thronfire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 8:43:51 AM
Sorry for the double post, but Flich can us his cat, Mrs. Norris, similar to Ron and Hermoine's pets.

Also, for Death Eaters, Crucio replaced Wingardium Leviosa/Accio. It works the same way as WL, but can also be used offensively to "torture" other characters, until they die and fall into pieces.
#7tarzanmxPosted 7/11/2010 11:43:15 AM
Parvati's seemed more like a clown to me. I dunno, though.
---
"Sniper's Drownin' mah Goldish!" -The Vengineer
People who get this so far:4