Where is the stud magnet and 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, and 10x multipliers?

#1EvanVanVanPosted 6/25/2010 7:12:48 PM
Anyone know (where those bricks are)? I'm especially looking to get the magnet as early as possible, otherwise I feel like I'm just wasting studs..

Also i posted this in the Indiana Jones 2 forum, because I thought this forum was dead (then i realized I had been looking at the PS3 version by mistake) but...

I debate this every time i play a Lego game and want to get some more opinions...Do you usually get 2x as soon as possible, then start over from near 0 to get double the amount of tokens you just spent to get the 4x? or do you not spend the studs right away and wait till you've got enough for the 4x and then get the studs needed to buy 2x multiplier four times as quickly, and before you know it you've got an 8x multiplier? or does it not matter and it takes the same time to get both of them either way..
#2oldgloryinsuranPosted 6/25/2010 7:37:16 PM
if you look at the cheat codes you can input the 4x right away.
---
Wii Signature: SGS --- 7989 7305 4207 9854
Xbox Live Gamer tag: osakamitsu
#3oldgloryinsuranPosted 6/25/2010 7:37:51 PM
X4 Multiplier J3WHNK
---
#4EvanVanVan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 7:42:31 PM
thanks but that's really kinda cheating lol..i don't feel as guilty if I've got to work for it a little..plus I need to take my time to get it, once I do start getting multipliers I feel alot less obligated to destroy and explore everything in the levels
#5oldgloryinsuranPosted 6/25/2010 7:45:53 PM
id like to know where the magnet one is too, Im about to finish the game and I havent come across it.
---
#6oldgloryinsuranPosted 6/25/2010 8:40:37 PM
ok i just found score X6. Its towards the end of the year 4 after you get the ability to POSSIBLE SPOILER:

The spell to break the silver sparkly stuff you can take the stair cases further up. you will break a contraption on the wall and find a steering wheel for a ship. Give it to the guy in the picture. then you will reach a balcony with to flower pots and a door between them. Hit the flower pots and gain access to the door. Once inside the door go to the printer and print out a picture of the red block to receive the red block. The bird you give the red block too is in the same room.
---
#7WillzordPosted 6/26/2010 5:20:35 AM
if you look at the cheat codes you can input the 4x right away
-Oldglory

Where is the cheats menu? :S

Does this cheat effect the achievements?

Cheers

---
Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music, Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music, Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music ...
#8AhysatesPosted 6/26/2010 4:31:45 PM
Unlocking the multiplier with cheat codes is just wrong.

I finished all 4 years without any extras (okay, I used the "you can't die from falling" thing) then explored Hogwarts, found all the red boxes within an hour or 2 and now I have like 5 billion studs (easy with a x4800 multiplier ;)

Enjoy the levels, don't worry about studs or unlockables, then get Snape (or another evil character) and start looting Hogwarts.
#9tazman67Posted 6/26/2010 4:41:03 PM

EvanVanVan posted...
thanks but that's really kinda cheating lol..i don't feel as guilty if I've got to work for it a little..plus I need to take my time to get it, once I do start getting multipliers I feel alot less obligated to destroy and explore everything in the levels

I agree. I used to enter those cheats, but then once I found the actual extra in the game, I felt like I was cheated of actually finding the accomplishment.

#10EvanVanVan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2010 5:43:12 PM
Just found the 2x score, possible spoiler below

In the court yard in Hogwarts with the big swinging clock to the right of the clock is a locked gate. You get the key using the Ridduclo spell on the box a little ways in front of it the right side of the court yard. Go inside and match up the clocks for the red box.