Returning to the Leaky Cauldron

#1XavierRominPosted 2/10/2011 1:34:55 PM
I finished the story, and then decided to go back to Hogwarts (through the door at the leaky cauldron) to pick up stuff I missed. Only now, I can't get back to the Leaky Cauldron! The start menu says my data will be gone if I just exit there, and I can't find a way back on the maps here. How do I go back without losing my stuff?
#2staticdazePosted 2/10/2011 10:21:07 PM
The majority of activities in Hogwart's trigger an auto-save. In the worst case, you might lose a minute or so of effort, and even those should be pretty rare. Gold bricks, red bricks, students in peril, and character tokens all auto-save. Just remember not to exit back while the icon is visible.
#3nanochefPosted 2/18/2011 10:31:24 AM

XavierRomin posted...
I finished the story, and then decided to go back to Hogwarts (through the door at the leaky cauldron) to pick up stuff I missed. Only now, I can't get back to the Leaky Cauldron! The start menu says my data will be gone if I just exit there, and I can't find a way back on the maps here. How do I go back without losing my stuff?

A few things:

If you have gone back to hogwarts from the leaky cauldrun anything in between this transition would have been saved, so if your worried about losing saved data, depending on your time spent in hogwarts you will only lose this data since entering hogwarts.

Also this is something i learned from LEgo SW: TCS. if you go back to a level within hogwarts (since your worried about losing saved data and are unable to return to the leaky cauldrun w/o "losing current progress", simply enter a level within hogwarts that you have beaten before and choose the free play mode. free play mode allows you to select return to hogwarts or return to the leaky cauldron, one of the two. And after selecting QUIT you will be promted with the option to "SAVE and Quit" now once you have saved you can quit to the leaky cauldron and you wont actually lose any saved data. Im new to this game and have not replayed any levels....next paragraph states my reason why this should work etc.

Since I have only played enough of LEGO Star Wars :TCS to tempt me to return and "Free Play" a level this is where my knowlege is based on, not to mention that most lego games share most if not all aspects of design. So if youve ever tried to quit a story mode level i.e your frist time playing a level, you cannot save and quit but merely quit and lose all progress since entering the level. However (with lego sw:TCS) when you replay a level in "free play" mode the "return to (x)" or quit menu now produce a new option to save and quit. for example if you needed a house crest and didnt want to finish the level you could quit and "save and quit" so you would keep the new collectible without completing the whole level.

so if you want to save any data before leaving hogwarts, simply "free play" a level and save and quit. then return to leaky cauldrun and dont worry about losing data because it has already been saved. good luck!

GT: K R0B 55

#4nanochefPosted 2/18/2011 11:05:47 AM
testing