How do you save and exit?

#1MagicBleedsPosted 7/2/2012 2:43:25 PM
Hi All!

I've just picked up this game as I love everything to do with Harry Potter, but I'm finding it a bit difficult to save and exit. In fact, I don't know how. Although in the game book, it mentions you can save and exit but in the actual game besides auto save there is no save and exit feature.

Whenever Harry's lego face pops up it tells me that it is auto saving and when I choose to exit the level, it still tells me that all my progress will be lost despite the auto save.

Can someone explain to me how this works? I'd be so grateful!. It's becoming a hassle to re play the whole level from the cut scene.
#2Wolfe_CHPosted 7/3/2012 8:08:54 PM
You can save and exit the levels when you go back through them (you don't have to fully complete them again if you've collected all the goodies). Otherwise, it uses the autosave.

Tip: If you collect a bunch of studs in the Hogwarts hub, be sure to then go and find a token (or brick) so the game will autosave or you won't get those studs.

- Chris
#3MagicBleeds(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2012 2:05:09 AM
Thanks Chris

Are the bricks you are talking about the red ones? Or the blue ones? or the golden ones? They are very rare.I still don't have the option to save and exit and every time I do, it only lets me go back to the leaky cauldron and from there it lets me exit but telling me all the progress is lost regardless of the autosave. I always end up at the cut scenes and have to play the level again.
#4Wolfe_CHPosted 7/9/2012 6:24:26 PM
Each time you collect a red or gold brick, or a round character token inside Hogwarts, the game autosaves. When you exit the game it's telling you that you won't save any studs you've collected since the last autosave. Basically it's overstating things with its overwrought warning, IMO. Don't worry about it.

- Chris
#5andreasaspenberPosted 7/10/2012 6:50:18 PM
it also saves if you free a student in peril.