Shadow Complex FAQ Sticky Version 3

#11DarkRealityXPosted 9/3/2009 2:24:37 PMmessage detail
You should add:

# How do I blow open a grenade/green door on the ceiling (or the rocks that grenades just fall through)?

Shoot a burst of foam very close to the door/panel, then another one. Get on top of the foam and set the grenade on that.

Knowing that would have helped me before.

---
---
--- Dark Reality
#12NoBulletPosted 9/3/2009 4:48:07 PMmessage detail

You should add:

# How do I blow open a grenade/green door on the ceiling (or the rocks that grenades just fall through)?

Shoot a burst of foam very close to the door/panel, then another one. Get on top of the foam and set the grenade on that.

Knowing that would have helped me before.

All you have to do is shoot one foam, and shoot the grenade at the foam, it sticks to it.

---
http://nobullet.deviantart.com
One of the Dedicated 500 - #9, #177
#13PirateKingflcl(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2009 1:37:50 AMmessage detail
For next version:

How do I blow up a Grenade hatch on the wall/ceiling?

After you acquire the Foam gun, you can shoot some Foam next to your target, then shoot a Grenade into the Foam. The Grenade will stick to the Foam and blow up, detonating all connected Foam.
---
Violence solves everything. If you have a problem that can't be solved with violence, you aren't using enough of it.
#14chasingmaynardPosted 9/10/2009 12:48:45 PMmessage detail

Hope I don't come acrossed as a jerk...

Everything after #3 is technically a spoiler if you haven't played the game at all, sooo.... how is this a "mostly spoiler free" FAQ's?

You should at least let people know that if they haven't played the game at all, everything after #3 is a spolier. Okay.. maybe everything after #5. It is kind of obvious that a game like this would have missiles, but everything after #5 are basically walkthrough questions which are spoilers.

Just thought I'd post my 2 cents. I'm probably getting this tonight. And Trials HD.

#15PirateKingflcl(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2009 7:53:20 PMmessage detail
Most of the questions themselves do not contain spoilers, while the answers may contain spoilers for their specific part. From what I can tell, I spoil:

That you are separated from Claire
That there is a factory.

I do not consider the Missiles a spoiler as the game itself gives you Missiles at the very beginning. As well as the information for the Flashlight (your first item) giving you the names of all the powers that destroy objects.

You are separated from Claire within the first five minutes of play (approximately), and I am considering whether the fact that there happens to be a factory is a spoiler. I guess technically, people would be unaware of its existence, however, simply knowing it is there (and that you travel near it) isn't spoiling anything plot related.
---
Violence solves everything. If you have a problem that can't be solved with violence, you aren't using enough of it.
#16chasingmaynardPosted 9/11/2009 6:11:56 AMmessage detail

I guess I have a different interpretation of what a spoiler is. If something tells me about any part with in a piece of entertainment that would make me expect to see it while viewing or playing it (or listening), that is a spoiler.

To me, 8, 9, 10, 14, and 15 are spoilers. I like to go into every game and movie with only enough knowledge about it to want to play or watch it, (respectively).

I'm really anal about it, too. My roommates and I were going to see "Deep Blue Sea" years ago (that shark movie with samuel jackson in it) and I hadn't seen any previews or anything. When the opening credits are starting my roommates gf says, "I can't wait to see that torn off foot scene". I was so pissed, because during the whole movie I knew it wasn't going to end until at least after I saw a torn off foot. I know... it's anal...

#17DarienPosted 9/23/2009 5:22:18 PMmessage detail
I have one:

In the out door area after you lower the bridge--just above the main control room, and before you get the final weapon--how do you get past the large (blue) cylindrical gas tanks? There doesn't see to be enough room to do a speed boost.
#18REVOLVAPosted 9/27/2009 5:46:28 AMmessage detail
Darien gf, check these YouTube videos for help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSUn7Z64JV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBLYukxCeE

Even after you know how, the jump into the tiny hole you need to do may take some practice runs (^_^)

---
"I like Geri Halliwell, she is an idiot!" - Avid Merrion
#19fett44Posted 11/8/2009 4:08:49 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20SweetThunderDanPosted 11/13/2009 1:26:37 PMmessage detail
Actually this is a spoiler free sticky as far as missles go. Right at the beginning of the game when it explains things to you it tells you what all the colors mean. Red Door = Missles. Its even displayed that way on the map's legend if you pull left trigger whether you have missles or not.