360 controller compatible?

#1Lwaxana_TroiPosted 11/12/2009 7:29:13 AM
My clan is switching to PC for L4D2, but i'm used to the 360 controller so I might just get it again on 360 unless its compatible with PC?
#2MikeGnzPosted 11/12/2009 7:30:22 AM
There should be a console command you can enter to enable the 360 controller. I can't remember what it was. But it was in L4D, so it should be in L4D2.
---
Tails > Everything. Proof: http://i40.tinypic.com/2cfw8rc.jpg
http://lueradio.kyrosiris.com:8004/ - LUE Radio, The Gnz VGM Show, Fridays, 3-6 PM EST.
#3fanojla1Posted 11/12/2009 8:52:08 AM
its in the options menu for L4D, it should be available on L4D 2.

but the original controls are probably the best. It took me awhile to get used to Mouse+keyboard, and I still hate that you can't toggle crouch (Hunter playing kills my left little finger) but its still nice. Plus you are limited in voice commands and can't type with the 360 controller
---
Mavrickindigo on rphaven.org
#4final_kaossPosted 11/12/2009 8:52:19 AM

yeah, you can use the xb360 remote with pc version, just change it from mouse & keyboard to gamepad in options.

#5ACeORaNgeSPosted 11/12/2009 9:28:34 AM
sure it is, but you're only a hindrance to your team if you use a controller instead of a mouse.
---
Friends don't let friends be Leafs fans.
My friends call me Boris. My enemies call me Boris, Overlord of All Acorns.
#6RBFxJMHPosted 11/12/2009 9:32:03 AM
I hate to sound like a PC elitist, but I totally agree. If I find out someones playing with a controller, I kick them... unless we're playing on Easy for some reason
---
Left 4 Dead 3 - November 16, 2010
I can't wait!!
#7ACeORaNgeSPosted 11/12/2009 6:00:15 PM

I hate to sound like a PC elitist, but I totally agree. If I find out someones playing with a controller, I kick them... unless we're playing on Easy for some reason

I don't kick them, that's too extreme. It's not like the game is difficult at all unless you're playing on Expert, or you're in the late stages of Survival.

It's not like there's any way of telling if they're using a controller. I just try to discourage the practice :[
---
Friends don't let friends be Leafs fans.
My friends call me Boris. My enemies call me Boris, Overlord of All Acorns.
#8benjyashaPosted 11/12/2009 6:13:02 PM
Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Yes it is.
---
Where ever there is a great game there will be Trolls.
#9cjnoonePosted 11/12/2009 7:07:11 PM
fanojla: You can add a script that turns the CTRL button into a toggle instead of hold-to-crouch.
---
If your AC:WW game is bricked, contact me at cj.no.one {at} gmail {dot} com. I will unbrick the cart and restore your save file. Only cost is shipping.
#10an_Evil_GoatPosted 11/12/2009 9:32:06 PM
"but the original controls are probably the best. It took me awhile to get used to Mouse+keyboard, and I still hate that you can't toggle crouch (Hunter playing kills my left little finger) but its still nice. Plus you are limited in voice commands and can't type with the 360 controller"

I actually like that they force me to hold to crouch in L4D. It made me get used to it, and I really like it, now.

TF2, on the other hand, is a completely different story.
---
GT = an Evil Goat
Let me know that you're from GameFAQs.