Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

#1draudnPosted 11/19/2009 7:23:59 AM

Pre-ordered this game and all that, but kept getting this error at the demo. I thought it was something wrong with the demo and that it would be fixed when the real deal came out (like now), but I'm still getting it. Haven't been able to complete any levels yet because of it, I just start at the beginning of each level and maybe it'll last for a few checkpoints (longest I've gotten in one run is to the mall on the first level).

This is the only game this happens on. I've tried updating the Microsoft Visual and did a few 'verifying game files' on L4D2. Can anyone help me? Annoying to have bought a game that runs perfectly smooth on high when it just keeps crashing.

#2romainsimoniPosted 11/19/2009 9:13:32 AM

Did you let Valve Steam update? I ask because I had this error once right before Steam asked to update, I did so and no problems anymore.

#3draudn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2009 10:04:34 AM

I've updated Steam a few times if that's what you mean. I've also contacted Steam Support but haven't gotten any answers yet.
It's boring not being able to play your new game. If this is Vista's fault, I swear to Lucifer...

#4draudn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2009 4:40:02 PM

Bumping myself for great justice, since the support team hasn't sent me any replies yet. How do I fix this error?

#5foodeater4Posted 11/20/2009 4:42:29 PM
Id go the windows update site and make sure your comp is fully updated. They just had a lot of updates recently. Actrually had some problems like this in other new games and that patched it up no problem.
#6BlinxTheCatPosted 11/20/2009 4:43:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7SpenPosted 11/20/2009 4:43:24 PM
I've updated a few times as well. Haven't had this frequently, but experienced it once yesterday and crashed twice more without any message.
---
The Bible was created when God trolled and someone said "Sig'd!"
#8BlinxTheCatPosted 11/20/2009 4:44:22 PM
What about reinstalling Steam and/or the game itself?
---
I don't think many girls will play the game if they are restricted to entertainer and chef classes and get + to housekeeping skill. - Obsessed117
#9draudn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2009 4:47:35 PM

Since I had the same problem on the demo and the real game, I think there's something with my computer. I'll try to download all of the new updates and if it still doesn't work, I'll reinstall L4D2. If I have to reinstall Steam... f*ck it. All of my other games work perfectly.

#10themaster627Posted 11/20/2009 6:17:30 PM
This is a known problem. From what I hear, it happens with anybody that has an 8-series Nvidia card. Is your video card an 8-series? There is a patch for XP through Microsoft apparently, but none for Vista or 7 yet.
---
All weapons are ripped off from some caveman that threw rocks at his wife. -jappur2803