The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

PS2 controller and Xbox360 controller emulator...no horizontal on right stick

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead 2
  3. PS2 controller and Xbox360 controller emulator...no horizontal on right stick

User Info: MegatronicGoate

MegatronicGoate
6 years ago#1

Hi!

I am using teh xbox360ce emulator (Sept 2010 version availible here: http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/wiki/MainPage)

I updated Visual c++ to 2010, as instructed by the program.

Everything is configured ok in the x360ce, all the buttons and axis are correctly mapped, and in-game everything works as it should....except...the right analouge stick!). I can look up and down, but nothing happens when I try and look left or right.

Has anyone else had this problem, or knows what I am doing wrong? This set up works fine in many games; GTA IV, ACII, Mirrors Edge, Prototype etc

User Info: Mentalpatient87

Mentalpatient87
6 years ago#2
I'd help, but that would be like assisting someone in hacking off a limb so they could go rock climbing...
Dod-a-chock?

User Info: Constable_Odo

Constable_Odo
6 years ago#3
Maybe he's using split screen to play with a friend and needs the 360 controller for player 2?

User Info: Crazyguy105

Crazyguy105
6 years ago#4

Constable_Odo posted...
Maybe he's using split screen to play with a friend and needs the 360 controller for player 2?

The fact he using the controller to play many other games kind of gives away he's trying to play this with a controller.

What's your Steam I.D btw TC? I want to make sure I never get stuck on a team with you.

User Info: Cremacious

Cremacious
6 years ago#5
Funny how people can be more critical than helpful

Perhaps the 360controller.cfg is not right like you think...?
Go here and use one of their cfg setup.
http://www.left4deadforums.com/21993-how-play-left4dead-splitscreen-pc.html

Then when playing the game, open up the console and type "exec 360controller"

User Info: MegatronicGoate

MegatronicGoate
6 years ago#6

Thanks for the suggestion Cremacious, I will give it a shot. I wasn't planning on playing split screen, just wanted to use a controller for this for a change (normally play FPS style games with mouse and keyboard) :)

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
6 years ago#7
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: Mentalpatient87

Mentalpatient87
6 years ago#8
Oh, and I have no clue how to help. Glad you found a solution.
Dod-a-chock?
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead 2
  3. PS2 controller and Xbox360 controller emulator...no horizontal on right stick

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived