I love this game but hate Captain Commandos

#1llaW_EnotsPosted 4/24/2012 7:53:41 PM
Recently got kicked out of a game because I didn't listen to yet another bossy 30+ yr old with a mic. I get it, you're totally srs about the game, but there might be a reason why I'm coming in first in damage all the time.

Calm down with all the directives. People don't have to play the way you want them to because you act bossy over a mic. Did you, Captain Commando, personally buy my game for me?

Maybe when you adapt to how your team mates play, then you might win some games. Kicking someone who is better than you is not the way to go.
#2ryouma17Posted 4/24/2012 11:30:03 PM
when people tell me what to do i always either

1. shoot them in the face till their incapped or they kick me

or

2. if theres an instant kill spot nearby (like the hotel ledge in dead center) then i'll jump off and kill myself
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#3TaterzzPosted 4/25/2012 1:02:43 AM
coming first in damage says nothing about skill, whereas stopping the survivors does. jockey does the least damage, but is one of the key infected to winning a map. go bring your terribad skills elsewhere, us non-bads will continue to launch amazing group attacks.
---
You just lost the game.
#4BigMykeOHPosted 4/25/2012 3:19:57 AM
llaW_Enots posted...
Recently got kicked out of a game because I didn't listen to yet another bossy 30+ yr old with a mic. I get it, you're totally srs about the game, but there might be a reason why I'm coming in first in damage all the time.

Calm down with all the directives. People don't have to play the way you want them to because you act bossy over a mic. Did you, Captain Commando, personally buy my game for me?

Maybe when you adapt to how your team mates play, then you might win some games. Kicking someone who is better than you is not the way to go.

Don't listen to that d bag. I hate being told who to attack and when I know how to play the game. It pisses me off I've been playing it since release day at mid.
#5RainingMetalPosted 4/25/2012 5:02:53 AM(edited)
This is why you should play friends-only games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964001631
#6llaW_Enots(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 12:19:01 PM
You will find that amount of damage does equal skill. The more damage you do, the more likely a survivor is going to die. And the team damage breaks ties when the scores are added up.
#7llaW_Enots(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 12:21:48 PM
This guy would also throw middle school level insults at me for not aiding him in doing damage 100% of time.

He would Cpt Commando into the mic how everyone should attack. Usually this other guy would do what he said, when their attack failed and I happened to do more damage, he'd get cranky.
#8BuckeyeChris03Posted 4/25/2012 2:17:54 PM
You will find that amount of damage does equal skill

If I smoke someone back from a 1 way drop, and you steal him as a hunter, you may very well win the round in terms of damage. Sure as hell doesn't mean you have any skill.
Over a very long period of time damage might tell you a *little* about skill but often times whoever *happens* to have the hunter or boomer at the end piles up a crapload of damage...whoever happens to have the jockey at the end might not. Doesn't mean a whole lot.
Further, how much damage you do is often a function of how well the other SI support you.
When you ask "did they buy the game for me?" no, obviously they didn't. But they're not saying you can't play the game...they're just saying you can't play it with THEM because of how THEY like to play.
I've played this game a lot and I'm at the point where I do not think it's fun to play with terrible players who treat it like a single player game, who don't rescue, who race ahead, who don't shoot commons, who throw every grenade they find as they find it, and who attack whenever they feel like it as infected with no regard to their teammates.
I play L4D2 for a fun team experience and if you don't play with the team in mind, I'll kick you.
#9BuckeyeChris03Posted 4/25/2012 2:19:45 PM
when people tell me what to do i always either

1. shoot them in the face till their incapped or they kick me

or

2. if theres an instant kill spot nearby (like the hotel ledge in dead center) then i'll jump off and kill myself

Yup...and somebody like you, I won't play with again. So because 1 player is too bossy for you, you ruin the entire game for 7 other people by throwing a little temper tantrum. Real mature. If you have a serious problem with your teammate, just quit instead of acting like a spoiled child.
#10TaterzzPosted 4/25/2012 2:37:08 PM
the whole "i bought it i can play how i want" argument falls flat once you stop being stupid and realize the 3 others on your team also bought it and are agreeing to play in a way favorable to winning. oh, let's not forget the other 4.

and damage does not equal skill, as you can get 2000+ points for incapping 1 survivor with a hittable as tank. that means nothing if they make it to the end.
---
You just lost the game.
More topics from this board...
L4D2 BetaFamous-K28/11 9:10PM