Help with certain console commands.

#1HHerbyPosted 10/30/2012 4:30:04 PM
I use these 2 commands depending on what weapons I use.

cl_crosshair_thickness 1
cl_crosshair_thickness 5

I have bind these 2 commands to certain keyboard keys. I use the 1 thickness for smg's, automatic rifles, sniper rifles, and the desert eagle. I use the 5 thickness for all of the shotguns.

Here is a example for what I use mostly. I have a auto shotgun on primary. And the desert eagle on secondary. Are there console commands so when I have the shotgun selected it will automatically be cl_crosshair_thickness 5. And when I select the desert eagle it is cl_crosshair_thickness 1? Can I have the command bind to the selected weapon rather that constantly pressing the key on the keyboard?

Thanks for your time.
#2mooninomicsPosted 11/1/2012 5:42:34 PM
Well, I'm not sure if it'd work, but you might be able to try binding both commands to the keys to switch to your respective weapons. If your shotgun is the 1 key and your handgun is the 2 key (or whatever you use, a mouse wheel might work too), you could try mapping the desired command to the respective key for the weapon. Provided it doesn't overwrite the weapon selection bindings, that is.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#3TaterzzPosted 11/2/2012 8:09:25 AM
check the valve forums, i'm sure there's a script you could write for it. i'm clueless, i turned my crosshairs off as i found it helps me aim far better.
---
You just lost the game.