Help with certain console commands.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead 2
  3. Help with certain console commands.

User Info: HHerby

HHerby
4 years ago#1
I use these 2 commands depending on what weapons I use.

cl_crosshair_thickness 1
cl_crosshair_thickness 5

I have bind these 2 commands to certain keyboard keys. I use the 1 thickness for smg's, automatic rifles, sniper rifles, and the desert eagle. I use the 5 thickness for all of the shotguns.

Here is a example for what I use mostly. I have a auto shotgun on primary. And the desert eagle on secondary. Are there console commands so when I have the shotgun selected it will automatically be cl_crosshair_thickness 5. And when I select the desert eagle it is cl_crosshair_thickness 1? Can I have the command bind to the selected weapon rather that constantly pressing the key on the keyboard?

Thanks for your time.

User Info: mooninomics

mooninomics
4 years ago#2
Well, I'm not sure if it'd work, but you might be able to try binding both commands to the keys to switch to your respective weapons. If your shotgun is the 1 key and your handgun is the 2 key (or whatever you use, a mouse wheel might work too), you could try mapping the desired command to the respective key for the weapon. Provided it doesn't overwrite the weapon selection bindings, that is.
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
4 years ago#3
check the valve forums, i'm sure there's a script you could write for it. i'm clueless, i turned my crosshairs off as i found it helps me aim far better.
You just lost the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead 2
  3. Help with certain console commands.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived