Steam L4D 2 Workshop beta is out. You thoughts?

#1HHerbyPosted 1/19/2013 3:02:41 AM
I have been downloading & using various custom content people have developed for the workshop, which was released Thursday. I am sure there are people here that have been trying it out as well.

The ones I have kept are a custom crosshair. Custom GUI status bar. And silenced weapons. I also tried a smarter bots add - on. Very well done, but it does NOT work on Valve's official dedicated servers. Only on 3rd party servers. And Single Player. Another one I also tried is a costume for the Hunter. It puts the while Assassin's Creed cape on the Hunter.

So with all this content you would think there is nothing bad about it right? Well maybe not. Some of this custom content makes the game EASIER to play. And it also is in use in VS mode. Think about it. Silenced weapon mod? Now the survivors can hear the special infected more easily! Assassin's Creed Hunter? Let me tell you, i had a WAY easier time spotting Hunters lurking in the darkness due to the white cape!

What are your thoughts?
#2darktemplar20Posted 1/26/2013 2:19:48 PM
You can't complain when you're not going to play VS on a Valve Official Server. That's one of the primary reasons their servers exist. To keep the game balanced. Or if you're on a team that has their own server, then make sure they have their sv_consistency and sv_pure settings enabled correctly. Problem solved.
---
http://steamcard.com/do/original/darktemplar20.png
#3HHerby(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 5:15:43 PM
darktemplar20 posted...
You can't complain when you're not going to play VS on a Valve Official Server. That's one of the primary reasons their servers exist. To keep the game balanced. Or if you're on a team that has their own server, then make sure they have their sv_consistency and sv_pure settings enabled correctly. Problem solved.

Good points indeed DarkTemplar. As well, Valve has started controlling the workshop content. I had a better flashlight add - on. It was then taken away within 48 hours. But some of the other add - ons are still there in VS. Like a new one i got yesterday. When a Hunter pounces, it's body glows white. And leaves a white streak from it's body. Wouldn't surprise me if Valve took that one away quick. My cross hair mod still works in VS still. Wondering what Valve thinks about those.