Tips for the Kill the Tank with Melee Weapons achievement?

#1Cheko2015Posted 11/20/2009 11:04:42 PM
Any tips on doing this? It seems one of the biggest survival techniques that you never EVER break is STAY THE **** AWAY FROM THE TANK! Dont get close enough for it to hit you. It seems though to do melee weapons you have to get close enough where maybe u got one hit in and ur ass is hit to the other end of the map. So even with a good team, any tips on this. FInally any tips on what level me and a team can go to that normally spawns a tank fairly early. For instance in Dead Air 4, the tank often spawned right after the safe room.
---
joey444 Posted There wasn't a 4th Indiana Jones movie.
Denial. When reality doesn't fit with you, you simply just make up your own reality.
#2FoxyArekuPosted 11/20/2009 11:05:35 PM
Play on easy and hit the tank with a melee weapon. It's honestly incredibly easy to do, melees are overpowered
---
Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/foxyareku
Now Playing: Blazblue and Left 4 Dead 2
#3Cheko2015(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2009 11:06:24 PM
ahh ok then I havent tried it yet lol. I still need to get a team up cuz the coms use guns.
---
Denial. When reality doesn't fit with you, you simply just make up your own reality.
#4JDM_JevPosted 11/20/2009 11:07:45 PM

Play on easy and hit the tank with a melee weapon. It's honestly incredibly easy to do, melees are overpowered

how ._.
---
DIY
Do it Yourself
#5Final Fantasy2389Posted 11/20/2009 11:07:58 PM
I hit tanks with melees all the time. Sure I typically "run" but I'll also "sneak" around it as best as possible and whack it with melee weapons a lot.
---
Now Playing: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS), L4D2 (360), Moon (DS)
Gamertag: FF2389
#6Ludo-Posted 11/20/2009 11:13:49 PM
So your saying you get the achievement even though the bots use guns?
#7FoxyArekuPosted 11/20/2009 11:14:13 PM

how ._.

Run up to it and hit the right trigger when a melee is equipped
---
#8Cheko2015(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2009 11:15:52 PM
Ludo-
Posted 11/21/2009 12:13:49 AM
message detail So your saying you get the achievement even though the bots use guns?

Somebody needs to get their reading comprehension checked. I am saying I have find a human team cuz I cant use bots because the bots use guns which would invalidate the achievement to my knowledge.

Also I go back to my prior question. Does anyone know of a level that normally spawns a tank pretty early on?
---
#9FoxyArekuPosted 11/20/2009 11:18:17 PM
Just play through a campaign until you get one, patience is a virtue.

Though, I've never gone through Dead Center 2 without seeing a tank
---
#10JDM_JevPosted 11/20/2009 11:19:37 PM

how ._.

Run up to it and hit the right trigger when a melee is equipped

And? Do you see people do this all the time? How is that any different than a gun; or more specifically a shotgun for that matter?

Remember that it's common online knowledge that if something is overpowered, they would be heavily overused and perhaps the driving factor behind why you cease to play a game.

Nothing in the game favors CQB, which is all the melee weapons are good at - so they're outshined by guns if you ask me. If we're going by side arms then yeah they're a lot better than pistols but that's only because they didn't receive any buff from the last game.

I use melee weapons during the short interconnecting indoor periods that abide in every map and that's pretty much it. They suck against the Specials (so by extension they suck in VS) and risk your life on Expert so they're not that bad.

I'd rather have instant-kill melee weapons then having to spend 20 minutes bludgeoning one with a baseball bat. So they'd have some usability. Hell, melee weapons would suck if they took two hits.
---
DIY
Do it Yourself