Tips for the Kill the Tank with Melee Weapons achievement?

#11FoxyArekuPosted 11/20/2009 11:20:49 PM
I thought you were asking how to kill a tank with a melee weapon.

Melees are overpowered by the fact that they one or two hit kill everything, it's ridiculous when you can EASILY take down a tank with nothing but frying pans. :p
---
Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/foxyareku
Now Playing: Blazblue and Left 4 Dead 2
#12JDM_JevPosted 11/20/2009 11:25:09 PM
I don't think it's easy on Expert mode, maybe that's just me.

And if you're beating up a Tank together you're still ganging up on it, in which case you'd get hit less and down it faster with a gun (4 AKs/auto shotguns tear him apart on every difficulty).
---
DIY
Do it Yourself
#13Ludo-Posted 11/20/2009 11:28:28 PM
Cheko, that was completely and totally uncalled for. I wasn't even talking to you.

As for MY original question, like Beat The Rush, can you get Burger Tank even if your team uses guns. I got Beat The Rush while my team used weapons, and i only used a melee weapon.
#14sonicpsycho13Posted 11/21/2009 12:52:47 AM
Any bullets, fire, or explosions harming the tank will negate the achievement no matter who caused the damage. Everyone has to hit the tank with only melee weapons. Therefore, you cannot have any bots, humans only. The chainsaw does NOT count as a standard melee weapon and will negate the achievement.

As for how to get it. With 3 friends, load up the Swamp Fever finale on easy. Play through making sure everyone gets a melee weapon, shouldn't be too hard to locate enough. Play through the level and first wave of the finale as usual. When the first tank spawns, put away your primary weapons and only use the melees. If there are any straggling SI, you can shoot them, but be cautious of shooting the tank. While the tank chases 1 person down, the rest should bob-n-weave to get in melee hits. It won't take long for the tank to go down. Once he's dead the achievement should unlock for everyone, regardless if they inflicted any damage on the tank or not.

I say use 3 friends because if you have a bot and kill it before the finale initiates, it will auto-spawn back and you can't friendly fire kill it on easy.
---
XBL GT: SonicDPsycho