The achievements, the chainsaw, and the M60

#1d1sPosted 5/2/2010 8:03:33 AM
Yo! So we're supposed to have mutations that provide infinite ammo M60s, and infinite fuel chainsaws. The chainsaws for sure, but I don't recall where I heard about infinite ammo M60s. Anyway, I got to thinking "yeah! I'll finally be able to get the tank burger achievement while playing with bots (infinite chainsaw) and heck, I may even be able to pass the campaigns on expert with bots if we're all packing infinite ammo M60s."

Does anyone know if we can get achievements while playing the mutations?
---
My attitude is celibate, I don't give a ****.
#2themooglekingPosted 5/2/2010 8:27:09 AM
It's not campaign, so no for the Expert one.

Not sure about the others.
#3TH3_K1D95Posted 5/2/2010 12:27:56 PM
The Infininte ammo and gas ones are for campaign so maybe you can get the expert one as well the tank burger if you ever find a tank. But then again they might disable achievements for those type of mutations.
#4d1s(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 1:19:43 PM
Tank burger's gonna be DaCa finale, assuming you can get achievements. Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part but heck, actually playing the mutations counts toward the avatar item achievement, so fingers crossed...
---
#5yoursocleverPosted 5/2/2010 1:31:50 PM
Maybe I can finally get the real deal and still something to prove without being any good at expert/ not shooting my teammates.
#6d1s(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2010 9:17:40 PM
Just got done playing "follow the litre" and my wins in that game mode counted as wins in scavenger, and therefore toward the avatar award that you recieve for winning 5 full games of scavenge. Beginning to think that "last gnome on earth" will allow gamers to get "guardin gnome," and maybe, just maybe, I...I mean "we" will be able to use infinite ammo M60s and chainsaws toward expert campaigns.
---
#7VerifyedRastaPosted 5/9/2010 12:32:54 AM
Mutation is a mode in itself so I'm not sure if you can get the expert achievements in mutation. I could be wrong.
#8d1s(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2010 4:33:12 AM
Yes, it is a mode, but playing "follow the litre" on Port counted toward the "play five complete games of scavenge on the port" achievement. So even though I was playing a mutation, the game counted it as around of scavenge. After all, it is merely a mutation of scavenge. The m60 and chainsaw may also be considered mutations of campaign.
---
#9VerifyedRastaPosted 5/9/2010 7:39:29 AM
Well, let me just say that that is complete bull for us people who struggled to complete (AND survive) the campaigns on expert.
#10warfulcPosted 5/9/2010 8:17:42 AM
Whats going to be rigged is using incendiary or explosive ammo on the m60, infinite ammo = no trouble from SI, I don't understand putting a mode in that is as easy as, mow everything down with a LMG.