Melee, knife in the back = instant kil.....but.....

#1cecils7swordPosted 5/5/2010 2:57:06 PM
Shooting someone in the back of the head has to go through shields first. What!!!!!

Makes no sense that if you melee someone in the front...you have to go through the shields, if you melee someone in the back...they don't have shields. So the shields only cover the front? Than why is it when i shoot them in the back...they dont die?

Also you can use your knife in the animation...they should make it to where you can use it in combat, since it goes through shields like cake.
---
"Are you apart of the cure, or part of the disease?"
#2VascelaPosted 5/5/2010 2:58:28 PM
Punching someone in the chest with them ready =/= kill.

Breaking someone's spine without them knowing until it happens = kill.
---
Nojbo, I know how long you've been waiting for me to say this.
You win.
~ __AHS__
#3cecils7sword(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2010 2:59:50 PM
But it would hit the shield right? can't break someones spine if you can't get past the shield? Is'nt that what it's their for? Bullets can't get past the shield, but knives and hands can.
---
#4Dratini_LordPosted 5/5/2010 3:01:45 PM
You knife a spartan, if you pay attention, in the small charge pack on their backs. these are made from bulletproof material but its heavy so you cant have a full suit made out of it. The execution shows you sabotaging the pack on the back by a knife slipped underneath the armour plating for a kill
#5cecils7sword(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2010 3:02:36 PM
Ah ok, sneaky sneaky.
---
#6p0ir0Posted 5/5/2010 3:03:34 PM
"a fiction writer uses logic like a drunk uses a lamppost, not for illumination but for support"
#7cecils7sword(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2010 3:06:12 PM
though i cannot see how a melee can kill in 1 shot than =o
---
#8cobaltlotusPosted 5/5/2010 3:07:26 PM
Shields only protect against ballistics. If shields protected against every object, you wouldn't be able to hold a gun. >.>
#9cecils7sword(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2010 3:08:11 PM
Ok. so meleeing in the front = 1 hit kill? melee in the back = 1 hit kill? Shields are around the whole spartan.
---
#10FullyautomcPosted 5/5/2010 3:09:21 PM
The speed of the knife is much less then a bullet and so is not redirected.

---
As I walk through the valleys of Reach I shall fear no death. For I am a thousand pounds of man and machine, wear a size 117 Euro-boot and carry a B.F.G. Hoo-RA