DMR vs Needle Rifle. I want to like the Needle Rifle.....but cant

#1GreenRoninPosted 5/5/2010 7:24:12 PM
I love knocking jet packs out of the air with the DMR & I keep trying to duplicate my success with the Needle Rifle but it does not work as well. I wish I could find a reason to use the NR more, making dudes explode is fun.
#2MegaPikminFanPosted 5/5/2010 7:26:55 PM
Playing a lot of ODST legendary made me good at the carbine (6 shotting brutes)
Being good at carbine = being good a needle rifle.

The trouble is just staying alive long enough to kill someone without getting killed by nadespam from jetpack people.
---
Gamertag: Navy Pheonix | Steam: NavyPheonix l Sniper's Always Use Long Barrels Because They Are Compensating For Something, and it's Not Their Kill Count.
#3Englando_IVPosted 5/5/2010 7:33:19 PM
I like both.
#4marcuspoopPosted 5/5/2010 7:45:07 PM
i liked both. but i like blowing peopel up a littel more then i like using the dmr, and its easyer to find but thats not to say if i see a dmr im dropinig that NR
#5tYRE_602Posted 5/5/2010 7:47:34 PM
The trouble is just staying alive long enough to kill someone without getting killed by nadespam from jetpack people.

This. You're automatically an instant target for a massive barrage of nade spam as soon as you start firing.
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#6GreenRonin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2010 7:53:23 PM
Grenade spam has not been a problem for me when using the the NR than any other weapon. The enemy just falls faster to the DMR than the NR. That is why I prefer it.
#7PaintieBallPROPosted 5/5/2010 7:56:35 PM
The needle rifle i feel is a bit more powerful than the DMR. the DMR is great except for the high bloom it has that the needle rifle doesn't. I love the DMR, but Blowing people up>DMR.
---
When do you think was the moment that Mega Trout's mother realized not aborting him was a huge mistake?-Ericx
#8DragoncelabPosted 5/5/2010 8:02:12 PM
yea, the needle rifle does have that sudden "oomph" to it with the supercombine. So you can't nail the guy in the head every time to kill him? fine, shoot him enough times and watch him explode into a pink mist of death and pain!
---
"the monkey may or may not be on crack, i'm not sure, but that's not where it got its superpowers."- My friend, on a monkey with powers.