Why is swat on the F*ing Team Slayer Playlist???

#1DetectivPenguinPosted 9/17/2010 9:29:35 AM
First off I can't believe how many people vote for that ****. The problem with SWAT is that when the COD diehards stupidly choose the gametype on a massive, wide open, outdoors map. Then it quickly collapses into a camp-fest where everyone is trying to be a sniper from across the map with the DMR, and it's reduced to spending 12 minutes while you frantically pop out and back from behind a rock and try to find the 4 pixels that represent someone's head across the map. Step into the open field and you're killed instantly.

I know a lot of people are complaining about SWAT and Snipers being on the Team Slayer Playlist, but at least Snipers is some semblance of a halo "team deathmatch" type of game. SWAT you have no armor, no pickups, no radar, no nades, and you're pretty much screwed if you try to use the pistol so you're forced to use one gun. I know a lot of people don't like Snipers I could really go either way on it I don't love it or hate it. But at least it "feels" like you're playing team slayer. SWAT does not which is a bigger complaint for me even more so than the fact that I dislike it for what it is.
---
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/4/40/Pennington.PNG
That's Pennington, a train passenger. He SAYS he's a detective, but I don't know...
#2metallica621Posted 9/17/2010 9:30:46 AM
camping is a strategy

---
"Guns Don't kill people, husbands that come home early do."
#3DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 9:31:37 AM

camping is a strategy

Please reread the post.
---
That's Pennington, a train passenger. He SAYS he's a detective, but I don't know...
#4ManU4Lif3Posted 9/17/2010 9:31:43 AM
Is the map called sword base? I had an opposing team once game in the room adjacent to the top of the yellow lift in the narrow tube which you walk up. Let's just say it's impossible to kill them since you walk/look up and a giant wall is in your way and they can hit you the entire game.
---
#5surfertiePosted 9/17/2010 9:32:19 AM
legitimate strategy hehe RvB.

Also TC, is this just a rant because your k/d is not high when you play SWAT?
---
Currently Playing: Halo: Reach and Fallout 3
Gamertag: Surfertie
#6DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 9:33:23 AM

legitimate strategy hehe RvB.

Also TC, is this just a rant because your k/d is not high when you play SWAT?

No. You guys are missing the 2nd point...

I know a lot of people are complaining about SWAT and Snipers being on the Team Slayer Playlist, but at least Snipers is some semblance of a halo "team deathmatch" type of game. SWAT you have no armor, no pickups, no radar, no nades, and you're pretty much screwed if you try to use the pistol so you're forced to use one gun. I know a lot of people don't like Snipers I could really go either way on it I don't love it or hate it. But at least it "feels" like you're playing team slayer. SWAT does not which is a bigger complaint for me even more so than the fact that I dislike it for what it is.
---
#7KageNoSenshiPosted 9/17/2010 9:33:42 AM
I like SWAT.
---
Brawl FC: Primary 1891-7940-0018 KYAMI ------ Secondary: 0516-6999-0156 OKAGE
Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#8metallica621Posted 9/17/2010 9:34:07 AM
either way, i think swat is one of the best game types, you can actually kill people but a shot or two and not have to use two clips, and a grenade, no radar is how all online shooters should be, etc..

its kill or be killed

---
"Guns Don't kill people, husbands that come home early do."
#9DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 9:34:46 AM

I like SWAT.

either way, i think swat is one of the best game types, you can actually kill people but a shot or two and not have to use two clips, and a grenade, no radar is how all online shooters should be, etc..

its kill or be killed

No. You guys are missing the 2nd point...

---
#10CrzyPimpAEPosted 9/17/2010 9:34:51 AM
I agree. It should def not be with team slayer. I really don't like how they did that this time. I hope they break them up soon with a patch or something.
---
I'm two girls shy of a threesome!!