How Do You Parry?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Diggy_J

Diggy_J
3 years ago#1
how?

the instructions are too small to see on my tv

User Info: Flaming_K9

Flaming_K9
3 years ago#2
get a HDTV :P

but yeah, you tilt in the direction an attacking opponent is coming from while pressing square
http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/Sonic_K9/Joe_Cool_Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg?tti

User Info: Carpetfluff

Carpetfluff
3 years ago#3
Or X as it's the 360 board :P

User Info: Diggy_J

Diggy_J
3 years ago#4
is there a way to quick dodge out of the way of attacks?

User Info: Carpetfluff

Carpetfluff
3 years ago#5
Yep. Jump and light attack buttons together will backstep - add a stick direction to dodge slash in that direction. There are loads of topics about all this already.

User Info: alch3mist

alch3mist
3 years ago#6
I couldn't parry the boss so I wasn't able to beat him. He is so hard I've never face a boss as hard as him hell Xaldin and Sephiroth at least give you a chance but no this wolf boss I died every time. I couldn't dodge or parry him he is way to OP
"there's a book that claims the world was created in 7 days a best seller too"- Vidic

User Info: Mitsumanic

Mitsumanic
3 years ago#7
No offense to the last poster, but this boss was WAY too easy. I get parrying takes some getting used to, but the fight takes like 3 minutes once you get used to the 4 or 5 attacks he(it?) does.

User Info: alch3mist

alch3mist
3 years ago#8
can someone explain to me how to parry and then I might give this game another chance.
"there's a book that claims the world was created in 7 days a best seller too"- Vidic

User Info: FrOZeN_OuTLaW

FrOZeN_OuTLaW
3 years ago#9
alch3mist posted...
can someone explain to me how to parry and then I might give this game another chance.

Press up on the joystick and X at the same time. When you do a successful parry you'll see Raiden raising his sword
I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and I testify that Muhammad (pbuh) is His servant and Messenger

User Info: Ulyaoth74

Ulyaoth74
3 years ago#10
I couldn't parry the boss so I wasn't able to beat him. He is so hard I've never face a boss as hard as him hell Xaldin and Sephiroth at least give you a chance but no this wolf boss I died every time. I couldn't dodge or parry him he is way to OP

When I played the demo for the first time, I didn't know there was dodge and I couldn't get the parry to work. For the Wolf boss I just held down Ninja run the whole time and spammed X while circling around him. When he stopped I did Y with Ninja run which knocked him over. I found him to be tough but I didn't die. After I learned parry, he was easier than pie.
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived