How do you beat monsoon?

#1WhiteAngel50Posted 2/21/2013 12:36:15 AM
Omg he has killed me like 30 times. I parry as much as I can but he still kills me quickly. I die After he launches the tank and helicopter
---
Xbox 360 GT: WhiteAngel50
Trying to get at least 5000 karma. It will be done!!!
#2stellarvisionsPosted 2/21/2013 12:37:36 AM
You have to go into Blade Mode when the stuff he tosses at you gets close, so you can slice it apart.
---
"It takes a real man to fight with a giant pink scythe."
- danstu
#3WhiteAngel50(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 12:39:24 AM
stellarvisions posted...
You have to go into Blade Mode when the stuff he tosses at you gets close, so you can slice it apart.

I do but as soon as he goes on the ground he instantly kills me.
---
Xbox 360 GT: WhiteAngel50
Trying to get at least 5000 karma. It will be done!!!
#4Requiem0Posted 2/21/2013 12:40:48 AM
I managed to get him my first try, but not by much. All I can say is keep up the parrying stuff and when he gets that purple aura throw a EMP grenade to stun him and get a nice combo off. Be persistent and keep trying. I believe in you.
---
W2 FC:0090-0860-7211
HG FC:4084-5009-5380
#5KrymzonbladezPosted 2/21/2013 12:48:28 AM
Had a difficult time parrying him and the like, and the choppers and apcs drop health packs after you destroy them. Took me a good like...10-12 health packs to kill that guy..have not yet beaten the game yet but he has been the most difficult fight so far...so cheap. I would like the combat in this game a lot more if there wasn't that stupid auto stagger crap...and that the analog jiggling doesn't always work regardless of how you do it....sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...buncha crap , otherwise i have enjoyed the combat and boss fights but yea monsoon is a jerk and a cheap jerk at that.
#6GniftyPosted 2/21/2013 2:20:37 AM
I found him rather straightforward actually. Just slice like crazy and block or dodge everything he throws at you, eventually you will hit his head and he will be stunned for a moment though you should be doing decent damage against him while just flailing your sword around like a maniac.

Beat him on Normal only so far. The boss after him is pretty nice (and very easy too).
#7GrenadehPosted 2/21/2013 6:37:19 AM
I flat out broke my controller when he killed me the first time, my brand new controller on my brand new PS3. I got him to 40% health and he raped me, because the QTEs in the game are terrible, and I was at like 9% health then he did his sai rape so I was like that's it, I threw it on the ground.

It's one of the most retarded fights I've ever seen but, here are the things to remember:
1) Blade mode slice everything he throws at you, it will drop nanopaste and EMP nades
2) Avoid the scorpion grab.
3) Avoid the M. Bison body missile.
4) When he throws a rolling ball of crap at you, even though it glows pink and seems like you should slice it because everything else you needed to slice glows pink, don't do it - run away from that thing as best as the god awful camera will let you
5) He drops emp grenades for a purpose.

Keep in mind I haven't beaten him and I broke a controller trying, but evidently this is how you beat him.
#8Sharp_CheddahPosted 2/21/2013 6:53:55 AM
Grenadeh posted...
I flat out broke my controller when he killed me the first time, my brand new controller on my brand new PS3. I got him to 40% health and he raped me, because the QTEs in the game are terrible, and I was at like 9% health then he did his sai rape so I was like that's it, I threw it on the ground.

It's one of the most retarded fights I've ever seen but, here are the things to remember:
1) Blade mode slice everything he throws at you, it will drop nanopaste and EMP nades
2) Avoid the scorpion grab.
3) Avoid the M. Bison body missile.
4) When he throws a rolling ball of crap at you, even though it glows pink and seems like you should slice it because everything else you needed to slice glows pink, don't do it - run away from that thing as best as the god awful camera will let you
5) He drops emp grenades for a purpose.

Keep in mind I haven't beaten him and I broke a controller trying, but evidently this is how you beat him.

on point 4; you can parry the wheel, and if you parry it twice, you can zandatsu the wheel itself
---
Xbox GT: LolipopChainsaw -Now Playing: Metal Gear Rising, Fallout 3, Streets of Rage Collection, Spelunky, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, RE4hd
#9AerendirPosted 2/21/2013 9:09:26 AM
WhiteAngel50 posted...
Omg he has killed me like 30 times. I parry as much as I can but he still kills me quickly. I die After he launches the tank and helicopter

You need to parry at the very last moment,in order to stun him for a brief instant,that will allow you to chain some hits;when he launches all the stuffs to you,wait till the very last moment then enter blade mode and use X or Y,keep in mind that LS will allow you to move the camera for better aim;as he comes down (and he's surrounded by a purple mist) stun him with an EM grenade,rush to him and enter blade mode,hit the red spot,after that smash his head like a beast,after a couple of hits he will reassemble his body,but no purple mist=you can hit him and you have to start the path again.
The key point is to not miss and throw the EM grenade asap;in case you miss,close the gap and double tap LB when you have him locked to use the EM faster.

When you kill him on 2nd run you can use his dagger to stun him as long as you dont get any hits and wait till it turns purple=first hit will stun him.
#10MattR86Posted 2/21/2013 2:46:47 PM
Haven't fought the final boss yet, but Monsoon was by far the toughest I've faced. Sundowner was an absolute chump. Way too easy.