In terms of Combat how would you rank them? GOW, DmC, MGR

#1kidmuscle_1Posted 4/8/2013 5:06:19 AM
I had my eyes on this for awhile and the demo was pretty fun from i can remember. I just finished Bioshock infinite and Got all the achievements for it and i need something else to get my teeths into. Im an achievement hunter so I know the lengh of the game wont bother much As i'll probably do multiple playthroughs.

The combat is what im concened about. between GOW, DmC and MGR- how would you rank em in terms of combat?
#2l Dudeboy lPosted 4/8/2013 7:59:52 AM
MGR
DmC
GoW

The lower down the list, the less "skill" you need to be good at it. i.e. God of War can be beaten on harder difficulties by button mashing. MGR will kick your butt if you button mash.
---
<b>You are now breathing manually.</b>
Lets put a little lead in the air, and see what falls over.
#3aragorn00148Posted 4/8/2013 8:32:13 AM
l Dudeboy l posted...
MGR
DmC
GoW

The lower down the list, the less "skill" you need to be good at it. i.e. God of War can be beaten on harder difficulties by button mashing. MGR will kick your butt if you button mash.

^ I completely agree with everything that dude said... and to further his point...

MGR--> Blocking hits or the Parry function I should say actually requires a little bit of skill

Other Hack n Slack games --> Hold down the "takes no skill to block" button until enemy provides an opening...
---
Pokemon White Friend Code: 0561 8640 3705
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1206 1431 6004
#4Godstriker8Posted 4/8/2013 12:18:40 PM
l Dudeboy l posted...
MGR
DmC
GoW

No, you'd get destroyed in GoW by button mashing on the harder difficulties. GoW is more about dodging and crowd control.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#5LycalPosted 4/8/2013 12:38:59 PM
l Dudeboy l posted...
MGR
DmC
GoW

You kidding? I'd love to see you play Hell and Hell mode on DmC and say that Revengeance/Very Hard mode on this game is easier.
---
Gamertag: Death to PS3s
PSN ID: Death_to_360s
#6TentionPosted 4/8/2013 4:05:55 PM
MGR>>>DmC>GOW in terms of actual finesse, skill and variety.
---
my game collection:
http://www.gamespot.com/users/Tention/games_table?mode=own
#7UbberDevilPosted 4/8/2013 5:13:55 PM
Lycal posted...
l Dudeboy l posted...
MGR
DmC
GoW

You kidding? I'd love to see you play Hell and Hell mode on DmC and say that Revengeance/Very Hard mode on this game is easier.

Hell and Hell mode is a joke. Its easier than DMD since the enemies have their hard mode stats. I completed all difficulties in that game without any trouble. This game actually requires skill and the player has to try unlike DmC.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#8The Soul ReaverPosted 4/9/2013 1:20:00 AM
Hell and Hell mode in DmC is easier than normal in DMC3, no lie.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QCGSJ8N.png
#9Godstriker8Posted 4/9/2013 2:48:55 PM
The Soul Reaver posted...
Hell and Hell mode in DmC is easier than normal in DMC3, no lie.

There is now way in hell that's even remotely true, and I haven't even player DmC yet.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#10bee06Posted 4/9/2013 3:28:55 PM
Hell and Hell mode is mad easy. Probably the easiest of the "challenging" difficulties. Overall DmC in general wasn't that hard at all. That was one of my only personal gripes I had with that game... .too damn easy :(