In terms of Combat how would you rank them? GOW, DmC, MGR

#31RollingSkullPosted 5/6/2013 4:37:03 PM
I think DmC and MGR are about equal. Each does some things well, each fails in certain things. MGR relies too much on canned combos and the parry, plus endless damage soaking enemies. DmC allows loads more creativity but then the color-coded enemies, weak angel weapons, and the lack of excitement that MGR can bring. Both are very good at what they do though.
---
"I mean, come ON! Kill me?! Who HASN'T tried?!"
-- Mike Nelson, Mystery Science Theater 3000
#32ukokira1Posted 5/7/2013 4:53:37 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
UbberDevil posted...
Lycal posted...
l Dudeboy l posted...
MGR
DmC
GoW

The lower down the list, the less "skill" you need to be good at it. i.e. God of War can be beaten on harder difficulties by button mashing. MGR will kick your butt if you button mash.

You kidding? I'd love to see you play Hell and Hell mode on DmC and say that Revengeance/Very Hard mode on this game is easier.

Hell and Hell mode is a joke. Its easier than DMD since the enemies have their hard mode stats. I completed all difficulties in that game without any trouble. This game actually requires skill and the player has to try unlike DmC.

it's not harder than Ninja Gaiden 2's master ninja mode

Well.. yeah. Because its Ninja Gaiden 2.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#33Robin_MaskPosted 5/7/2013 11:09:47 AM
MGR
GOW
DmC

Clearly, anyone saying "button mashing saves the day" in GOW hasn't played them. The hardest difficulty in each game really does test your parrying, dodging and offense abilities.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#34prettykittyminaPosted 5/7/2013 11:12:46 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
The Soul Reaver posted...
Hell and Hell mode in DmC is easier than normal in DMC3, no lie.

There is now way in hell that's even remotely true, and I haven't even player DmC yet.

Oh come on does no one else see the problem with this?
#35UbberDevilPosted 5/8/2013 2:02:50 PM
lonelyhamster posted...
UbberDevil posted...
Hell and Hell mode is a joke. Its easier than DMD since the enemies have their hard mode stats. I completed all difficulties in that game without any trouble. This game actually requires skill and the player has to try unlike DmC.

I don't know what you mean by hard mode stats. If it's the health I hear that DMD is tedious because of it. And I played DMD mission 1 and got bored by how easy it was and had to switch to Hell and Hell.

I mean that it has the same enemy placements, health, and AI as Son of Sparda difficulty. The only difference is that you die in one hit (but you have 3 tries). And DMD in DmC isn't even that tedious. Enemies still die pretty quickly.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#36lonelyhamsterPosted 5/8/2013 11:13:26 PM
Oh, well that's a shame. You take way more hits in DMD though. If only there was a way to start a fresh game on unlocked difficulties I would try one on DMD to get the original health bar. AFAIK you can't.
#37ShaolinAcedPosted 5/10/2013 10:44:11 PM(edited)
Ok ok ok you guys are making me sick lol. I can't take it anymore. I'm only going to post this once so pay attention. I thought about this for more than ten minutes.

First to last

Dmc 3
Ninja gaiden black
MGR
Ninja gaiden2
Dmc1
Godhand
Bayonetta
No more heroes
Dmc4
Castlevania
Onimusha
Heavenly sword
Ninja gaiden 3
Devil may cry donte
GOW
Devil may cry 2

Thank you and goodnight. Play more action games.
---
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
#38SlaveBladePosted 5/11/2013 3:23:28 PM
lonelyhamster posted...
Oh, well that's a shame. You take way more hits in DMD though. If only there was a way to start a fresh game on unlocked difficulties I would try one on DMD to get the original health bar. AFAIK you can't.

You could just start a new file and not use any skill upgrades.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#39ChickenfrogmanPosted 5/12/2013 1:09:51 PM(edited)
DMC3>MGR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DmC>=GoW
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7