Tips for ski jump?

#1CaMpBeLLsOuP2307Posted 2/12/2010 1:47:16 PM
From the pause menu > Help and Options > How to Play... the last tip listed on there helped me out a lot.

I was wondering, is there a trick/technique to flying/steering the guy in the air? I usually hold up and to the right. And lately, I've been pressing Y in the air and it seems to make the guy throw his hands forward, but I'm not really sure.

Also, any tips on timing? I usually lift my front wheel around the end up the rail and flick right and bail out at the end of the ramp. Most of my jumps are anywhere in the 150's-170's, every once in a while I'll get in the 180's and I've only got in the 190's about 20 some times. My highest is 196 and I'm trying to see if I can break 200.

Has anyone seen the replay of the guy in second place? A blue line shoots him forward after a few seconds. Anyone know how he did that or if it's a glitch?

Thanks.
#2kyledaballaPosted 2/12/2010 6:24:26 PM
Use the D-pad.
---
Xbox Live GT - awesomecomb
PSN - Kmaynard0017
#3CaMpBeLLsOuP2307(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2010 6:42:27 PM
Cool, thanks for the tip, that does seem to help a lot. Anyone have any other tips?
#4CaMpBeLLsOuP2307(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2010 1:32:20 AM
Ah, I don't think I'm ever going to beat 196 meters. I've been trying it for many hours and I very rarely come even close. It looks like most of the people that get over 200 m get a flying object to hit them while they're in the air (bike, tire, etc). Anyone here break 200 m? It almost looks like it's pure luck since everyone seems to do the same thing, just some get lucky enough to have the guy fly further.