Level Editor needs to be in New Super Mario Wii

#1neonhyenaPosted 6/4/2009 6:59:32 AM
With Little Big Planet making impact out there, Nintendo should really include a level editor in this game. How long have Mario fans longed for their own Mario level creation in a game by Nintendo, and not something debugged or programmed from scratch?

This game is the perfect time to finally put in an editor. Four people to try out the levels at once? around 80 levels, just like on the DS? There's got to be plenty room on a Wii disc for an editor.

How many of you out there realize that this would be a great opportunity for Nintendo to seize, and, just as I do, suspect that no such feature will be included?

---
Milwaukee - 24/M
#2VermineaterPosted 6/4/2009 7:32:14 AM
If there was going to be an editor, they would've announced it. That would add a lot of replayability and sales, so mentioning it at e3 would've been a given. I'd love for it, but it wouldn't happen. D:
---
VE : RB2 Wii - Mudkip of The Young Republic
Time is the magic that turns milk into cheese.
#3BowieXPosted 6/4/2009 8:12:26 AM
Well actually they wouldn't have announced it if they're still working on it and not sure if it'll be ready in time. There's been no word that there WON'T be one. But I ain't gettin' my hopes up obviously.

Without online, level editor is MUCH less likely.

---
MKW 1977-1490-7263
#4neonhyena(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2009 8:22:56 AM
I thought of that, too, that they would want to announce such a big selling point at their E3 show. Then again, as the hype dies down and the game nears release, that could certainly "re-sell" the game later on by revealing it.

I know I'm dreaming big. The sad part is that a level editor in a (mostly) two-dimensional platformer for a current-gen system shouldn't be an impossibility. Of course, I'm no programmer, but most of us know enough about the process, and have seen other examples in the industry to know that it's possible.

Obviously some complicated game elements would not work for user creation, but a grid-based block insertion editor is a given.

---
Milwaukee - 24/M
#5Japanese_AnimesPosted 6/4/2009 8:38:36 AM
I'd love a level editor, but knowing Nintendo it won't ever happen. I'm already disappointed enough that there will be no online.
---
What's with these guys? It's like one of my Japanese animes.
#6gnerdusPosted 6/4/2009 11:19:40 AM
If you want a Mario level editor just use Lunar Magic.
---
No good sigs in databanks Destroy everyone who created me "Motherbrain impersonation" Those who want Glover on the VC 5 Those who want RE2 on the VC 2
#7HokutoNoBenPosted 6/4/2009 11:23:20 AM
Well technically, they haven't officially announced the Koopalings either. So maybe there might be more than a few share of surprises in store...
---
...The time will soon come when I'll be able to throw swords into people's faces again. Bushido is coming back in style...
#8ultimatecouchpotatoPosted 6/4/2009 11:24:52 AM
If they added a level editor, a bunch of kids would create impossible levels ala Mario Frustration. Murder-suicide rates would skyrocket, and Nintendo would have a ton of lawsuits to deal with.
---
The Nintendo Entertainment System- Your parents help you hook it up!
Just say 'NO' to overpriced downloadable content, kids!
#9JellyfloaterPosted 6/4/2009 3:01:30 PM
They'd probably make it so you have to complete the level to save it, like in Mario vs Donkey Kong 2.
---
Wii is the true next-gen experience. All you get on the other consoles are the games you played on the PS1 and PS2, with marginally better pictures. -MilleniumX
#10hahaaePosted 6/4/2009 3:12:59 PM
....no
---
The one and only HAHHAEHAHEHAHAHAHAHAEEHEHAEHA