Missable Djinns

#81KryptoPyro13Posted 12/17/2010 10:31:52 PMmessage detail
Take a look at this sticky for example: The opening post is incorrect in stating that Crystal Dragon is missable - this is the sort of thing you can often expect from a FAQ, ESPECIALLY this soon after a game's release, but because this is an interactive forum you can find this information corrected in this very same topic.

It is missable... I missed it because I didn't think there was a way to get past the corpses...
---
"I expected disappointment. In that regard, I was not disappointed."
"Those who have the least to whine about whine most."
#82GarohAdeptPosted 12/19/2010 6:35:34 PMmessage detail
While I am a little ticked off that i missed a lot of stuff, this could be much, much worse in terms of points of no return. Like FFVIII worse.
---
The XBOX Region is full of fish pokemon. Cod i believe~ DeAcuerdo
#83ScirelPosted 12/20/2010 12:00:15 AMmessage detail
To be fair, FF8's PONR was at a disk break and right before a major event.

The ones in this game, especially the first, catch you COMPLETELY unaware that you will never be able to go back to old areas (save for a warnign before the 2nd).
---
Pokemon Pearl FC- 2449 1099 0172 Hikari
#84Kratos_Aurion75Posted 12/20/2010 3:13:25 AMmessage detail
It is missable... I missed it because I didn't think there was a way to get past the corpses...

Yeah just found out it was missable myself and came to post about it.
---
Skepticism is a genuine virtue. Not to be confused with those phony virtues out there.
#85PriestOfApolloPosted 12/21/2010 6:46:47 PMmessage detail

Yeah this topic isn't 100% accurate. It should have one additional entry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- MISSABLES BEFORE POINT OF NO RETURN 1.5
- PONR: Take the Cloud Passage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Venus-Brick-Harapa

Between the Harapa ruins event and the cloud passage is the ONLY window to get this djinn.

This really needs to be added, I too missed Brick.
---
"In this world, there are things that people mustn't touch...
...WHO CARES?" - Kalas
#86VastroidePosted 12/22/2010 9:03:20 AMmessage detail
The missable Djinn and Summon tablets are the bolt complaint I have with this game. I have already missed at least 3 summons and 4 Djinn. I just got the boat and I'm pretty sure I can't go back. This is my first play through though so I don't mind missing these things but in future playthroughs I will have to double check. I don't know why this game has missable Djinn and Summons but the previous games didn't. Dies the game want a heavier emphasis on exploring? I do like to explore but I also like the story to be moving at a good pace but because of that I've now payed the price. So far I'm enjoying the game but I am quite annoyed. Can't wait till I finish it.
#87shiro_amayagiPosted 12/23/2010 1:24:11 PMmessage detail
I've forgotten where in Harapa you find Brick by now, but you CAN get back inside after the Grave Eclipse. Why can't you get him then?
---
Dawn_Wanderer: If Endrance was a pizza, what toppings would you put on him?
Slayer0: Shiro, then watch them fight over who should be on top of who.
#88Kratos_Aurion75Posted 12/23/2010 5:00:29 PMmessage detail
I've forgotten where in Harapa you find Brick by now, but you CAN get back inside after the Grave Eclipse. Why can't you get him then?

The big door is shut, you need to be on the far side of the big door to access the growth vine. You also need to cast cold snap on a puddle inside town. You must leave town (thus resetting the puddle) in order to access the vine after freezing the puddle.
---
Skepticism is a genuine virtue. Not to be confused with those phony virtues out there.
#89shiro_amayagiPosted 12/24/2010 7:18:25 AMmessage detail
^Ah, I get it now. Thank you!
---
Dawn_Wanderer: If Endrance was a pizza, what toppings would you put on him?
Slayer0: Shiro, then watch them fight over who should be on top of who.
#90hathejokerPosted 12/26/2010 11:02:49 AMmessage detail
Oh thank you. I was worried I missed a djinn.
---
I read the news today, oh boy