The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So is this a retelling er wat?

#1okamhunitePosted 3/13/2012 7:08:35 PM
I love the first two but I don't like remakes that try to remake the game by saying it's a continuation of the story when it's the same?
---
(TDPS) The Dedicated Portable Society - Stand together for the general promotion of dedicated portables and the quality software they provide us.
#2StormyAngelPosted 3/13/2012 7:21:05 PM
Nope, a definite sequel.
#3BrianCraigSmithPosted 3/16/2012 8:05:18 PM
It's a sequel that has the makings of a remake in the form of the encyclopedia in the game. I personally think it's a waste of space, but what're gonna do?
#4Hotel_SecurityPosted 3/17/2012 12:11:38 AM
that has the makings of a remake in the form of the encyclopedia in the game.

Except not at all.
#5BrianCraigSmithPosted 3/19/2012 9:26:32 PM
Hotel_Security posted...
Except not at all.

How so? Adding in the backstory (normal) AND an encyclopedia (makings of a remake) is like a double negative. Not to mention there are others ways to learn of the previous games.
#6Hotel_SecurityPosted 3/20/2012 8:00:24 AM(edited)
Adding in the backstory (normal) AND an encyclopedia (makings of a remake)

Oh you’re just trying to increase the proliferation of your hatred of the encyclopedia. It won’t work, I say.

And for one, I’m not sure how you say there’s a backstory and an encyclopedia. The encyclopedia is used for far more than just backstory and is much more useful for identifying new things in Dark Dawn that isn’t in the original games. I used it far more than that and it’s quite convenient when you see someone mention a town or race of people and you can just click the work to remind yourself of what it is. If by “backstory” you’re referring to those books you can find, those are nice but they glaze over quite a bit, hence the encyclopedia.

Not to mention there are others ways to learn of the previous games.

Name me one method that wouldn’t seem repetitive to the older players…or wouldn’t want to be skipped on replays. With an encyclopedia you can just ignore it if you want. Even the books worked well since you don't have to read them if you don't want to.
#7BrianCraigSmithPosted 3/21/2012 8:10:01 PM
The game came with a little book that's called a manual. The entire backstory could've been in that instead of wasting space on the cartridge. Those books of the Warriors of Vale that you mentioned? Backstory since they retell what happened 30 years ago.
#8helmaroc1Posted 3/22/2012 7:13:00 AM
But it had cute little pictures in it!
---
http://roymbrog.deviantart.com/art/The-Helmaroc-King-145313154
pewpewpew
#9Hotel_SecurityPosted 3/22/2012 10:29:21 AM
The game came with a little book that's called a manual. The entire backstory could've been in that instead of wasting space on the cartridge. Those books of the Warriors of Vale that you mentioned? Backstory since they retell what happened 30 years ago.

Bah, you know that no one reads manuals anymore. I do, but I’m the minority. Plus that’s a huge backstory to stuff into a manual with the list of characters and towns…I’ve never seen ANY game stuff that much backstory content into their manual. And again, the encyclopedia has more items relating to Dark Dawn than they do on the previous games so it’s for learning new names and faces more than anything.

Seriously, I can’t believe you’re complaining this much about a stupid encyclopedia that is entirely optional and can be easily ignored. That’s like whining that you think the goblin enemies were the wrong color. Or that it sucks that the characters use two hands to cast spells. ;-)

And yes, the pictures were adorable.
#10BrianCraigSmithPosted 3/27/2012 7:30:05 PM
I'm complaining (in your words) because The Lost Age didn't need an encyclopedia and its my money and I need it now! Wait wrong thing to say...its an absolute waste of space that could've been used for something involving multiplayer, wifi or not.