I know it's been said repeatedly but.....

#11Hotel_SecurityPosted 6/25/2012 6:59:44 AM
But seriously thanks for your answers,though I hate the only way to get a challenge is by handicapping yourself

Hate to say but many games are like this. I played Dante’s Inferno and had to not use holy powers completely since they broke the game. Had to play God of War 3 with the Chalice equipped (to drain health) with no upgrades for a legit challenge there. Bayonetta does nicely with its highest difficulty though.

Must Always Use Rief in the active party run?

He’s the best healer in the game. Not much of a challenge.

If you didn't get as powerful as quickly as you do, it's actually freaking hard.

Yes, but even if you do this, you’ll soar in levels. Like there’s a big spike after the eclipse and you just have to fight a bunch of those eclipse monsters and you’ll fly up in levels.
#12RoleOfGSHCPosted 6/25/2012 11:49:09 PM
Hotel_Security posted...
Yes, but even if you do this, you’ll soar in levels. Like there’s a big spike after the eclipse and you just have to fight a bunch of those eclipse monsters and you’ll fly up in levels.

Have you done an inepts run yet? There's easy proof against your claim - level up all you like. It's not gonna help you much. The levels alone do very little, it's the compound effects of Levels, Equipment, and most importantly, Class. Djinn are the huge deciding factor here - skip them all together, and the game soars in difficulty. In late 20s early 30s, Karis is still one-shot by the ice queen. Not an easy fight in any way shape or form.
---
Kind of tired of White Knight 2...
Playing Disgaea 4, Skyrim, and Minecraft instead.
#13TheWayofPiePosted 7/5/2012 4:06:01 AM
RoleOfGSHC posted...
Hotel_Security posted...

Have you done an inepts run yet? There's easy proof against your claim - level up all you like. It's not gonna help you much. The levels alone do very little, it's the compound effects of Levels, Equipment, and most importantly, Class. Djinn are the huge deciding factor here - skip them all together, and the game soars in difficulty. In late 20s early 30s, Karis is still one-shot by the ice queen. Not an easy fight in any way shape or form.

Same thing in the other Golden Suns. The reason why the games are so easy is because the game can't assume you have every Djinn. Golden Sun is almost impossible to balance because of this.
---
Ridley: *Adjusts monocole* Why, I've become civilized, my dear Samantha! Anyway, come, sit, have some tea. -Master_Warlord7 Same Time Posts: 8
#14Hotel_SecurityPosted 7/6/2012 8:54:51 PM
The reason why the games are so easy is because the game can't assume you have every Djinn.

Sadly, a problem with many RPGs. TheySHOULD assume these things. Make these lazy bums who don't want to explore the side stuff pay for it by kicking their behinds around because of their lack of levels/equipment. Alas, very few do this and those that do get whined at by gamers about the game being "cheap." Sign of the times. The devs listen to the fans too much.
#15BrianCraigSmithPosted 7/9/2012 7:27:52 AM
Hotel_Security posted...
The devs listen to the fans too much.

Let's hope that they do and make a sequel on par wih what The Lost Age was to Golden Sun.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
#16Sn4k3Ey3SPosted 7/16/2012 7:26:55 AM
bump.... .....
---
--=}°º®©^InViNciB|3^§n4K3Ey3§^©®º°{=--
#17helmaroc1Posted 7/16/2012 7:58:13 AM
Thread necromancy?
Oh, you should not have done that,
That was a mistake.........
---
http://roymbrog.deviantart.com/art/The-Helmaroc-King-145313154
pewpewpew
#18WhiteTRexPosted 7/16/2012 8:00:05 AM
Seriously, you can stop with the haiku, helma...
---
What's COLOR?
#19Hotel_SecurityPosted 7/16/2012 11:10:52 AM
I appreciated the haiku.