This game needs harder combat and less holding your hand.

#1PharoahPelicanPosted 7/6/2012 6:06:25 PM
I know some of the complaints, like the one dimensional response system and the stale characters, but what bothers me most is how easy these games are. A few puzzles can be head scratchers, but even then they aren't so bad when in half of them they have some sort of cinematic that involves one of the characters demonstrating the exact psyenergy that unravels the whole thing, if it doesn't out right show you the trick to the puzzle. Then there's Insight which will do the same. Then the entire first part of the game until you get separated from Kraden is all just tutorial. You have all this tutorial on how to equip items, open chests, and use your djinn with no "I've played an RPG before so all of this is standard for me" option to skip all of it. Then the first town's main attraction is the Psyenergy Training Ground which, as the name implies, is a crash course in going into the menu and assigning shortcuts to the psyenrgys/using them straight from the menu/figuring out which ones are used when. And that's unavoidable too because you need the gate pass. The other games had some of this and also had easy combat but come on, this game isn't even trying to be difficult. If the training ground had been optional and had contained all the tutorial (like how to use your djinn and the like) so that a newbie could familiarize themselves but a veteran didn't have to sit through being patronized it would be a big improvement. Then if they made it where you had to do a bit more than just press A and do normal attacks to get through almost every random encounter it would be fantastic.
---
I do not aim with my eye, I aim with my hand. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#2Hotel_SecurityPosted 7/6/2012 8:39:18 PM
These are entirely new and interesting opinions that I have never seen brought up before or mentioned and which I cannot possibly find anywhere else on this board with a simple search. Thanks for enlightening us all with this.
#3nolincPosted 7/6/2012 10:34:27 PM
So what shall this topic now be about. I think an intervention for the ninja.
---
TWSSted Mudcrab http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkI5iZmUs5Q
#4PharoahPelican(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 11:05:22 PM
Hotel_Security posted...
These are entirely new and interesting opinions that I have never seen brought up before or mentioned and which I cannot possibly find anywhere else on this board with a simple search. Thanks for enlightening us all with this.

You're welcome! I didn't realize I'd make anyone's day with this but it sure looks like I did! :D
---
I do not aim with my eye, I aim with my hand. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#5helmaroc1Posted 7/7/2012 1:26:11 PM
Why intervention? What's ninja into this time?
---
http://roymbrog.deviantart.com/art/The-Helmaroc-King-145313154
pewpewpew
#6Hotel_SecurityPosted 7/7/2012 2:23:48 PM
I was hoping it would be about pie. Perhaps ninjas making pie.
#7helmaroc1Posted 7/7/2012 2:59:14 PM
That would not require an intervention though. Well, maybe a little one, to encourage a shift to cake. But pie is fine too. A cat is fine too.
---
http://roymbrog.deviantart.com/art/The-Helmaroc-King-145313154
pewpewpew
#8l33t_ninj4_1337Posted 7/7/2012 5:14:30 PM
I can make cake or pie. I also have a cat.
---
----
---
#9jfki11aPosted 7/8/2012 6:46:35 AM
^u have pics of the cat?
---
! |-|@$ |\/() |_!|=3 ,
|_3773122 4123 |= |_| |\/ !
#10BrianCraigSmithPosted 7/9/2012 7:10:48 AM
PharoahPelican posted...
Hotel_Security posted...

You're welcome! I didn't realize I'd make anyone's day with this but it sure looks like I did! :D

I can't speak for Hotel, but I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1