Whats wrong with the characters in this game? (Spoilers)

#1coopppPosted 7/18/2012 4:47:53 PM
No one seems to have the right reaction to anything. You've been manipulated the whole game into basically causing the apocalypse and everyone could seem to care less. The whole city of Belinsk is destroyed, townspeople are lying bloody and dead on the street, and important NPC's are dying left and right and the party spends twenty minutes talking about nothing instead of getting the hell out of there. When they actually get on the boat nobody seems to be saddened or horrified (Tyrell even thinks about only going to sleep) and Briggs death gets maybe five lines.

I haven't gotten that much farther than that, but the Matthew's party seems to be emotionally and mentally braindead seeing how they are constantly being used but continue to do whatever the villains plan for them.
#2TheSlinjaPosted 7/18/2012 5:50:10 PM
It's because Mathew is a terrible leader, now if he was Mia's son instead of Jenna's.....
But seriously though its all Gar- I mean Tyrell's fault.
Everything, even things he wasn't there for.
---
Official Goma Pushmorak of the Goma Orak Fan Club
Messatsu? Messatsu.
#3cooppp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 6:03:39 PM
Yeah, Tyrell is pretty much my most hated character. How do you make a character stupider than Garet was?

Also, whats up with Kraden? He knows who the main antagonist is (blue hair, teleporting, hmmm who could it be) but seems to find it entertaining to never actually mention who it is to the kids. I guess even old 120+ year old men like to troll.
#4Psalm51Posted 7/18/2012 11:44:03 PM
The attempt to make games 'true to life' is fine and all, but I'm not sure how far it really takes us. FPSs have experimented with that approach but there are always problems. For myself and living in a country where dry humour is used extensively in life, I can appreciate the contrast between bleak story and oblivious heroes! On a side note...I'm playing Luminous Arc 2 right now and the script writing in that game is both sharp and witty!
---
King David, loved and forgiven, just like me!
#5FefnirOmega13Posted 7/19/2012 1:35:17 AM
I blame ryu kou
---
Fan of Bullet Hell. Cave and Touhou mostly. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, DoDonPachi Resurrection, FE8
#6helmaroc1Posted 7/19/2012 7:39:46 AM
I am quite fond of the British sense of humour.
---
http://roymbrog.deviantart.com/art/The-Helmaroc-King-145313154
pewpewpew
#7Hotel_SecurityPosted 7/19/2012 9:10:28 AM
When they actually get on the boat nobody seems to be saddened or horrified

Eh, it’s not big deal. I kinda like how they didn’t take it all that seriously. I mean, think about it…by that point, they’ve murdered countless animals the most horrible of ways, have already killed many human beings be them soldiers and such. A few dead folks laying around in a village is nothing to them.

Heck, Kraden’s slaughtered entire populations with just his mind…he doesn’t care.

but the Matthew's party seems to be emotionally and mentally braindead seeing how they are constantly being used

Yeah, it gets tiresome but let’s be fair…it’d be a pretty boring game if they just headed home after grabbing that feather.

British sense of humour.

I see what you did there.

But I just like those adorable accents. Especially the dialects you can’t understand.
#8Psalm51Posted 7/19/2012 9:28:38 AM
Helmaroc...Thanl you for that vote of confidence! Living with the British sense of humour can be a bit wearing as you are often uncertain as to what is taken seriously. What strikes me as funny is how many British actors do 'baddies' in films. Sean Bean, as one example. Anyway, let's all go and chase a feather!
---
#9DaveridsPosted 7/19/2012 4:46:44 PM
Psalm51 posted...
Helmaroc...Thanl you for that vote of confidence! Living with the British sense of humour can be a bit wearing as you are often uncertain as to what is taken seriously. What strikes me as funny is how many British actors do 'baddies' in films. Sean Bean, as one example. Anyway, let's all go and chase a feather!

Was that an example..?
---
Changing this when Golden Sun 4 comes out.
FIGHT, MEGAMAN! FOR EVERLASTING POSTS!
#10Psalm51Posted 7/20/2012 5:51:15 AM
Daverids...Yes, I guess. I'm thinking of his role in the film Ronin!
---